Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Bye Bye Blue  (Read 6790 times)

Brucklay

• Joined Apr 2010
  • Perthshire
    • Brucklay Pygmy Goats
    • Facebook
Bye Bye Blue
« on: May 02, 2011, 01:30:58 pm »
Blue joined our merry wee band at 3 years old, no longer loved by his owner (my neighbours sister) and didn't quite get there as a working sheep dog so I told Alice we'd love to have him. Black and white with pretty blue eyes. He was a 'bit' nutty, finding new things to bark at was a big hobby, car, tractors, gun fire, hammer hitting nails, goats clashing horns, as new thing happened around the place there was always new things to bark at. He would chase the postman on his side of the fence, down and back up again and delivery drivers of course. He always had a big happy smile, loved cuddles and even the young cat who he shared his bed with and even biscuits if the cat wanted. Last year he had a stroke and we thought we'd have to say goodbye then but he pulled through and was back to his old self in no time. Last Wednesday he had another, I took him to the vet on Friday as he didn't show any signs of improvement and we've had a pretty horrid weekend. Yesterday he wouldn't eat, could hardly walk and looked sad. He was put to sleep this morning, peacefully and calmly in his basket. I'm going to miss him so much, it seems strangely quite without him - wherever he is I hope he's happy and has a bit long paddock fence to run along xx
Pygmy Goats, Shetland Sheep, Zip & Indie the Border Collies, BeeBee the cat and a wreak of a building to renovate!!

McRennet

• Joined Mar 2011
Re: Bye Bye Blue
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2011, 02:57:55 pm »
Oh Brucklay I am so sorry for you. He sounds absolutely wonderful. You did the right thing and still have super duper memories.

Thinking of you,
Lee-Anna X

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2011, 05:49:42 pm »
 :bouquet: He sounds like a wonderful dog.

princesspiggy

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2011, 05:59:31 pm »
im really sorry, so sad   :love: :wave:

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2011, 06:59:24 pm »
Know exactly how you feel - was nearly there last week with Hester - had a stroke, couldn't get up, couldn't walk, got her to stand and she fell over - but minute by minute, hour by hour she improved - she was eating so I was fairly certain she'd either get better or go completely.  Today she is just tired, but it IS warm, I know she is on borrowed time, but hope she'll make her 14th Birthday.

RIP Blue - run free over Rainbow Bridge - big meadows over there - lots of friends to bark and run with.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

robate55

• Joined Aug 2010
  • Suffolk
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2011, 07:00:53 pm »
So sorry it is always difficult to lose your friends, but it sounds as if he had a good time with you.
Rose

Brucklay

• Joined Apr 2010
  • Perthshire
    • Brucklay Pygmy Goats
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2011, 07:45:33 pm »
Thank you all, we've just finished burial - very very deep on the west side of the trees - said our good byes. He had a good life - I'd like to think, and was 16, time just seems to go too quickly. Tess our other border collie we got after getting married is 18, we know she's on borrowed time but I'm convincing myself she immortal.....
Pygmy Goats, Shetland Sheep, Zip & Indie the Border Collies, BeeBee the cat and a wreak of a building to renovate!!

darkbrowneggs

• Joined Aug 2010
    • The World is My Lobster
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2011, 09:00:46 pm »
So so sorry  :'( - I am sure it was a happy life, and a long one at 16, but I know you will miss him dreadfully.

Love and (((((((hugs)))))))))  Sue
To follow my travel journal see http://www.theworldismylobster.org.uk

For lots of info about Marans and how to breed and look after them see www.darkbrowneggs.info

Beewyched

• Joined Feb 2011
  • South Wales
    • tunkeyherd.co.uk
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2011, 06:42:04 am »
I lost my beloved dalmation just a few months ago & miss her terribly.  It took a few weeks for the other dogs to re-find their places & me to stop crying every day. 
I still see her about the place now & then, but know that she is running free over the Rainbow Bridge.  Maybe her & Blue have already met-up?
 :bouquet:
Tunkey Herd - registered Kune Kune & rare breed poultry - www.tunkeyherdkunekune.com

gillsta

• Joined Apr 2011
  • Methlick Aberdeenshire
  • Gillsta
    • Facebook
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2011, 07:34:51 am »
So very sorry to hear this. Big hugs.
Showing and breeding Pygmy Goats
Always room for another goat as he will never notice

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2011, 02:55:29 pm »
Know exactly how you feel - was nearly there last week with Hester - had a stroke, couldn't get up, couldn't walk, got her to stand and she fell over - but minute by minute, hour by hour she improved - she was eating so I was fairly certain she'd either get better or go completely.  Today she is just tired, but it IS warm, I know she is on borrowed time, but hope she'll make her 14th Birthday.

RIP Blue - run free over Rainbow Bridge - big meadows over there - lots of friends to bark and run with.
Hester has gone over that bridge too this morning
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Brucklay

• Joined Apr 2010
  • Perthshire
    • Brucklay Pygmy Goats
    • Facebook
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2011, 03:32:44 pm »
I'm so sorry Doganjo - now the tears are back for both Hester and Blue  :( :( :(

bazzais

• Joined Jan 2010
    • Allt Y Coed Farm and Campsite
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2011, 05:40:05 pm »
So sorry for you both.

there are probably running across the same bit of fence right now :)

x

Fowgill Farm

• Joined Feb 2009
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2011, 06:22:56 pm »
tears running down my face as i type.
big hugs all round
Mandy  :pig:

NormandyMary

• Joined Apr 2011
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2011, 07:15:57 pm »
Im so very sorry for your very sad loss. Im sending very big hugs from this side of the Channel.

Mary.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS