Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: New nanny coming!! v. excited  (Read 4018 times)

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
New nanny coming!! v. excited
« on: April 28, 2011, 05:27:54 pm »
The quest for a new milker is over for Its Baaath time!!   I will be adding a new toggenburg (avocet's 2nd cousin) to my herd in the autumn. she will be pregnant so I will be kidding next spring (expect lots of questions!) and best of all, she is coming from a lovely and brilliant breeder so I know she will be healthy, wormed, heptavaced and everything else  :) 
very happy, relieved, excited....!
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
Re: New nanny coming!! v. excited
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2011, 08:12:49 pm »
and your daughter will get her kid!
very exciting, congratulations!  :)
Little Blue

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2011, 08:13:23 pm »
p.s Does she have a name?
Little Blue

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2011, 08:58:26 pm »
Yes Milli will get her kid and she is over the moon!  Goats name is puffin.  :)
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

NormandyMary

• Joined Apr 2011
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2011, 09:18:24 pm »
Congratulations on your new arrival. Taken any piccies yet, cant wait to see her. Love the name by the way!

jaykay

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Cumbria/N Yorks border
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2011, 09:31:43 pm »
Excellent  ;D

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2011, 07:51:53 am »
There will be photo's to come as, although her breeder is holding onto her till mating time, my little girls are going to be showing her at a local show in the summer.  Its all worked out perfectly for me as we are not in a position to take her yet due to lambs being in spare shed/paddock and I will want to introduce puffin to the other goats quite gradually ie. on the opposite side of the fence till they are used to each other.
She is one of the Willowbank toggenburgs so quite a beauty! will arrive here mated and hopefully kid next spring. The lady who bred her is just amazing, runs excellent meetings that are very informative and supportive , she is also teaching Milli my 9 yr old the tricks of the goat trade now  ;D

I was worrying about mating my current girl as it meant leaving reggie on his own so this has solved all my worries now, hence the hyper-excited post lol!

wytsend

• Joined Oct 2010
  • Okehampton
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2011, 08:18:24 am »
Couldn't have chosen a better breeder... know Fay Ogden.

maybelle

• Joined Sep 2010
  • worcestershire
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2011, 11:48:10 am »
Good news then. The search is over then  :)

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2011, 01:18:10 pm »
Thanks Wytsend - I know you and Fay speak highly of each other  :)  Fay's been giving me lots of advice and help especially since I lost Avocet - not only that, but she's been supplying all the milk for my soap business so when she offered to sell me puffin I was thrilled.
The search is indeed over - I can relax, enjoy the summer (well, sort of between harvesting plums!) and then look forward to Puffin coming  ;D

jinglejoys

• Joined Jul 2009
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2011, 02:06:30 pm »
She's being delivered by barge then? ;D

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2011, 02:20:19 pm »
LOL yep, directly up the canal  ;)

Advertisement

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS