Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Batch incubating  (Read 1446 times)

NorthWestPoultry.co.uk

• Joined Mar 2010
  • cumbria
  • www.northwestpoultry.co.uk
    • www. North West Poultry .co.uk
Batch incubating
« on: April 24, 2011, 11:14:54 am »
hi guys i wondred if any one could shed any light on this
i was looking at p and t poultry web site today when i came across this  article below

Batch hatching isn’t always easy without experience, particularly with waterfowl eggs. It is often more worthwhile (and usually cheaper!) to consider buying two or more small incubators and setting one per week. If you do want to batch hatch, consider a cabinet incubator as these can usually be managed more easily to cope with a differing humidity requirements of the batches.

what does it meen differing humidity requirements as i have a brinsea 190 i a use to just save up 130 eggs and set it off
could i be doing some thing wrong

cheers mark
Owner of North West Poultry
suppliers of rare breed day-old chicks and hatching eggs

Sylvia

• Joined Aug 2009
Re: Batch incubating
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2011, 12:27:24 pm »
Did they hatch? If so you did it right ;D

poppajohn

• Joined Apr 2011
  • Fenland
  • Grass cutting, what old fellers do!
Re: Batch incubating
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2011, 03:39:59 pm »
Sylvias right, the proofs in the hatch. I mix pheasant and hen eggs and no problems. Ducks I do, do separate for obvious reasons. Last year a neighbour foisted some peacock eggs on me, me being the good natured fool I am incubated them with a dozen mixed hen eggs and no problems again. Its trial and error sometimes but proof is in the chick!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS