Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Gate Theft - West Scotland  (Read 6480 times)

Sandy

Re: Gate Theft - West Scotland
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2011, 10:24:56 pm »
What about attatching the gate to every thing with very strong wire, the shed, the bull, the tractor and the wild bore!

Anke

• Joined Dec 2009
  • St Boswells, Scottish Borders
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2011, 09:35:39 pm »
Paint them pink! (One farm nearby has all its gates the most vivid shade of blue! - All gates still there)

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2011, 09:44:07 pm »
Goos idea.  Was once talking to a policeman friend when a pink car went by - 'that'll never be stolen' he said.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

hughesy

• Joined Feb 2010
  • Anglesey
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2011, 09:57:25 pm »
You just need to make it a bit awkward to get the gate off the hinges. If they have to spend time taking it off they'll move on to the next one.

Sandy

« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2011, 10:55:52 pm »
Thats a good point, me and mum had a cafe and it took lots of £, mum and dad put a lock on the spare bedroom to keep takings in etc, they were advised not to, anyway, they did get broken into one night when they were out but the thief spend a lot of time trying to get into the locked bedroom he ran off and never took anything, the money was left in bags on the kitchen table, not in the room he was trying to get into!!!

ambriel

• Joined Jan 2011
  • Kinlochbervie, NW Sutherland, Scotland
  • Mad, bad, and dangerous to know!
    • Harbour Cottage
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2011, 08:12:33 pm »

Yes, top hinge pin upside down - will slow them down a bit. Like the idea about painting them though.

"Intent? No, yer Honour, I've got a caravan now!"

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2011, 08:23:45 pm »
gate theft here in Derbyshire ..... MINE!!!
Wrought iron, police finally been  - suspect "scrap metal" (in the middle of the night)
 And of course, they are just out of range of our security cameras & lights  (Grrrr!!)

Top hinges willl be upside- down, chained & painted bl**dy fluorescent pink!!
Little Blue

Beewyched

• Joined Feb 2011
  • South Wales
    • tunkeyherd.co.uk
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2011, 09:41:52 pm »
Bl***y bar stewards  :o

As if you didn't have enough going on at the mo Ruth - I do hope they get caught  >:(
Tunkey Herd - registered Kune Kune & rare breed poultry - www.tunkeyherdkunekune.com

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS