Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Central Heating Oil - PRICES!!!  (Read 11303 times)

poppajohn

• Joined Apr 2011
  • Fenland
  • Grass cutting, what old fellers do!
Re: Central Heating Oil - PRICES!!!
« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2011, 04:23:46 pm »
We only pay £30 for our weaners, prices inflate north of the wall obviously!

Benkt, its time to say ........ to the regulations my friend, think free, act free and pay little. Frankly, the sooner we all start ignoring the EU, The Government and our friends at DEFRA the sooner we will get rid of the red tape and return to common sense. Sorry to soap box but Hetas is a joke, anybody with an ounce of common sense can check a chimney, follow your nose or buy a detector. The rules were put in place for gas flues, any chimney thats in use already will be fine. I only went for the lining because the wide flue is a sod to sweep and I am too old to get on the roof with holly and a rope! Like a lot of regulation we start to ignore common sense and personal responsibility, that in turn leads to deskilling the rural population. End of rant!
Ok I was a fireman for years and if you are talking re opening a disused flue in a thatched house fine, have a liner, but any in use flue that is swept a couple of times a year will be fine. Most older houses are held up by the chimney stack anyway!  :farmer:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS