Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: hi from Canada retired and working hard  (Read 2283 times)

nick-in-ca

• Joined Jan 2009
hi from Canada retired and working hard
« on: January 21, 2009, 05:17:05 am »
hi  from Canada retired and working hard
had a look at your forum  thought i would join
live in a mountainous area of  southern Quebec near the US boarder.     Have 50 acres on side of a valley   have 2 highlanders for lawn makers and brush  control
hope to get some pigs to prepare a garden bed i remember as a child the pigs would be put in the garden to clean up and they would do a very good job as rototillers  the area they will work on is where i cut trees out last year about 2 acres still have some logs to pull out to much snow on then now about 3 ft deep and growing and the ground  is not frozen do not  to get stuck with machinery its wet under the snow.
Pulling out the logs  should have been the winter project but made a mess of it in December a lot black snow managed to get out without getting stuck now i have to wait till early summer till it dries  out
 Now not much to do apart from plowing the snow off 1200 ft of lane  
with an old Allis hd5  crawler  that old thing starts fine at 20-c it has to or i will be stuck in my cabin  

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
Re: hi from Canada retired and working hard
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2009, 08:24:46 am »
Hi and welcome from a not very much warmer Brittany.  Had to pour hot water on chicken house to unbolt door this morning.  Pigs for clearing for veggie patch is great, 3 of ours are doing that right now.  They not only clear the ground they remove slugs and insects too. 

suomi

• Joined Nov 2008
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2009, 03:03:37 pm »
Hi nic in canada :)
enjoy the forum  ;)      we are living in Finland so we also have pretty cold winters, ahhh a time to make great plans for the spring and summer..........
keep us up to date on what you are doing. :)
Suomi.

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2009, 07:11:27 pm »
Hi and welcome. I think you might be our first Canadian!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS