Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Shooting Lessons near Derbys, Notts, Sheffield....?  (Read 2871 times)

McRennet

• Joined Mar 2011
Shooting Lessons near Derbys, Notts, Sheffield....?
« on: April 12, 2011, 09:00:12 pm »
Hello,

I was lucky enough to get taken shooting by my OH's father at the weekend up in Scotland. I was under the impression that I was there to take photos of the boys but then they said, 'Go on then, it's your turn'
Shock horror!

However, I absolutely loved it and can't wait to have another go! My dilemma is this, where do you go to learn? Does anyone know of a good clay shooting range with excellent instructors. Would really love to look like a pro next time we go up. Might even do it in secret, really shock them!

Many thanks,

McRennet

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
Re: Shooting Lessons near Derbys, Notts, Sheffield....?
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2011, 09:30:41 pm »
one of my neighbours CP shoots (but I can't ask him til his wife's speaking to us again - don't ask!)
 ;D
Little Blue

CameronS

• Joined Aug 2009
  • North East Fife
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2011, 10:56:22 pm »
What area are you in??
And what sort of shooting are you after practicing?

There are several Shotgun centres in and around fife, but the only one i can remember the name of is cluny clays nea the forth bridge. If there are any game/country fairs coming up in your area there is usually a clay shooting stand/area,(fife show 21stMay cupar; 1,2,3rd June Scottish Game fair - scone palace perth)  these are good places to start.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2011, 11:15:15 pm »
I think the heading gives it away, Cameron - Derby? ;) ;D

McRennet, I think the best thing you can do is find a shooting club near you - go into any shop selling hunting, shooting, fishing gear and they should be able to tell you of a few.  They would know of clay pigeon centres too.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

pugwash

• Joined Apr 2011
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2011, 11:17:49 pm »
Have a look in the back of Sporting Gun magazine,they have a list of all the clay grounds around the country and the dates they are open.Be warned it can get addictive and expensive!

McRennet

• Joined Mar 2011
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2011, 07:05:39 pm »
thanks for this folks.

The comment was made on sunday that seeing as we are buying a farm we can't really afford for me to get addicted to shooting!

My OH was very quick to point out that I already have rather expensive hobbies, horses.........!

CameronS

• Joined Aug 2009
  • North East Fife
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2011, 02:57:49 pm »
doh, i never saw that  ::)

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS