Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: LAMBS WANTED!!  (Read 2937 times)

littlemisspiggy!

• Joined Sep 2010
  • NOTTINGHAMSHIRE
    • just left of the 20th century
LAMBS WANTED!!
« on: April 11, 2011, 10:51:34 am »
Ive just dipped out on some orphan lambs as i was at work and couldnt get to my computer in time! :(we are all ready for 2 or 3,ideally ewes but open to castrated rams aswell....desperatly seeking some now..we have goats,pigs ,ponies etc..cph and flock no. ;)

please let me know if you have some for sale,notts,derbyshire,lincs,possible stafford/cambs???????

thanks for reading :wave: :sheep: :sheep: :sheep:
'can't rain all the time!'

Blacksheep

• Joined May 2008
Re: LAMBS WANTED!!
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2011, 10:19:50 pm »
If you are looking for cades to bottle rear its probably easiest to check with local farmers who are lambing. Do you have a local livestock market as there may be some cades offered through the sales and could be worth checking. We found our first 2 orphans in our fields early one morning, as they were starving and not retrieved by the farmer late that night we ended up keeping them - our flock has since expanded and we now have a flock pedigree sheep as well as the 2 original sheep still!
We are a bit far from you in Shropshire, but will soon have pedigree Zwartbles lambs for sale.

littlemisspiggy!

• Joined Sep 2010
  • NOTTINGHAMSHIRE
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2011, 11:53:52 am »
still looking?  :( :(
      i cant get to our sales as its on the day i have to work every week!

Moleskins

• Joined Sep 2009
  • England
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2011, 07:11:25 pm »
A friendly local farmer is your best bet
Time flies like an arrow but fruit flies like a banana.

littlemisspiggy!

• Joined Sep 2010
  • NOTTINGHAMSHIRE
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2011, 05:09:43 am »
any friendly local farmers out there????...........i cant find one round here for love nor money...you either cant get near the house for dogs on the yard trying to kill you...or cant find the house as the sheep fields are not 'on farm'.. ??? :-\ ???

lachlanandmarcus

• Joined Aug 2010
  • Aberdeenshire
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2011, 12:11:52 pm »
I would speak to local vet/s, they will be able to recommend who to speak to amongst their clients.

HamishMcMurray

• Joined Nov 2010
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2011, 12:34:49 pm »
Ask at your local agricultural supplies place as they will know all the farmers in the area.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS