Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Hedridean Triplets  (Read 1842 times)

robate55

• Joined Aug 2010
  • Suffolk
Hedridean Triplets
« on: April 07, 2011, 12:21:28 am »
Just been out to check ewes & found 1 struggling. Lamb was coming forwards but trying to do a nose dive. Sorted it & lambed her, then felt 2 hind legs started moving them & found a head. lambed them all. They all seem good size for Hebs and she had 2 big lambs which did well last year so will try to start them all on her & then top up. My only single is several days old & is not in as good condition as their mother. I thought she was big but was not expecting triplets in this breed. Hope we can sort them all. Will let you know the progress.
Rose

Fleecewife

• Joined May 2010
  • South Lanarkshire
    • ScotHebs
Re: Hedridean Triplets
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2011, 12:59:23 am »
Well done !  There are a few triplets born to Hebs each year but fortunately not here  ;D  A few years back 2 out of some shearling ewes we bought in turned out to be unrelated triplets, so that breeder had two sets of triplets that year.  So far neither ewe has had triplets herself, although one certainly looks big enough this year. :sheep: :sheep: :sheep:
"Let's not talk about what we can do, but do what we can"

There is NO planet B - what are YOU doing to save our home?

Do something today that your future self will thank you for - plant a tree

Love your soil - it's the lifeblood of your land.

piggy

• Joined Oct 2008
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2011, 12:57:04 pm »
Hi Rose

How are they all doing,so far i have 3 boys and 2 girls.

Karen

robate55

• Joined Aug 2010
  • Suffolk
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2011, 03:01:59 pm »
Hi
I have 14 lambs out of 7 ewes. 8 boys & 2 girls. I still have 6 to lamb although I think 1 is infertile. Somehow my I got persuaded to put my old cull ewes to my young tups so they have sired 4 of the lambs. I have every intention of not keeping any of last years lambs but I suspect my OH will persuade me to keep at least 1 of the topknotted hoggs. Glad you are getting less trouble now
Rose

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS