Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Countryfile  (Read 4337 times)

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
Countryfile
« on: April 03, 2011, 08:50:37 pm »
Anybody see it tonight? 

Jimmy's farm sections was quite good.  Saw some of his newborn lambs and he showed how to tell if they had suckled and how to put iodine on the cord.  He fished a pregnant ewe out of the water trough! ;D

Also saw him putting cows out in field, and Eric his Highland bull meeting them.  Like his Dexters.

Never realised how easy it was to strip down a Defender!  An hour!  Bloomin 'eck.  Glad I ain't got one.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

tazbabe

• Joined Aug 2010
  • ayrshire
Re: Countryfile
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2011, 09:17:20 pm »
yes, i was watching it too.

didn't think much to their weather forecast though!
you may light another's candle from your own without loss

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2011, 09:24:36 pm »
Nor me, rain, rain and more rain!  ::)
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Fleecewife

• Joined May 2010
  • South Lanarkshire
    • ScotHebs
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2011, 12:05:39 am »
It was Adam Henson's rare breeds farm, Doganjo, not Jimmy's  :)  I love his Irish Moiled cattle - so big but gentle, and the New Highland bull leaping about with excitement was wonderful.
Funny thing about the 'Defenders' was that one was a series 3.  I thought he was giving the thieves ideas. 
"Let's not talk about what we can do, but do what we can"

There is NO planet B - what are YOU doing to save our home?

Do something today that your future self will thank you for - plant a tree

Love your soil - it's the lifeblood of your land.

tazbabe

• Joined Aug 2010
  • ayrshire
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2011, 06:37:35 am »
Quote from: Fleecewife link=topic=14146.msg137431#msg137431 date=1301871939  I thought he was giving the thieves ideas. 
[/quote

i had the very same thoughts!
you may light another's candle from your own without loss

Beewyched

• Joined Feb 2011
  • South Wales
    • tunkeyherd.co.uk
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2011, 11:53:13 am »
It was Adam Henson's rare breeds farm, Doganjo, not Jimmy's  :)  I love his Irish Moiled cattle - so big but gentle, and the New Highland bull leaping about with excitement was wonderful.
Funny thing about the 'Defenders' was that one was a series 3.  I thought he was giving the thieves ideas. 

Yeh & what was Land Rover's response? - discontinuing Defenders & producing something else "less stealable"  :o more like less wanted  :(

Why can't they produce some decent security ware for the Defy's - no just do away with the reliable, loveable workhorses & replace them with more "trendy" 4x4's, coz the Def's lasts so long & are easy to fix LR are not getting enough turnover/profit  ::)

Oh, & it'll mean Defy's will get more expensive & oh, & be targeted even more by theives  >:( >:( >:(

A disgruntled Landy fan (currently old Freelander/Defy wannabe)  ;)
Tunkey Herd - registered Kune Kune & rare breed poultry - www.tunkeyherdkunekune.com

Fleecewife

• Joined May 2010
  • South Lanarkshire
    • ScotHebs
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2011, 11:57:16 am »
Hi Beewyched - we keep the more ancient sort of Landy- you'll see them soon  ;)  Love 'em  8)
"Let's not talk about what we can do, but do what we can"

There is NO planet B - what are YOU doing to save our home?

Do something today that your future self will thank you for - plant a tree

Love your soil - it's the lifeblood of your land.

Beewyched

• Joined Feb 2011
  • South Wales
    • tunkeyherd.co.uk
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2011, 12:08:39 pm »
Oh No - my OH ABSOLUTELY LOVES the old Landy's - you'd better lock 'em up/hid 'em next weekend  ;)
Tunkey Herd - registered Kune Kune & rare breed poultry - www.tunkeyherdkunekune.com

robert waddell

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2011, 12:17:46 pm »
car manufacturers responded to the ever increasing problem of theft by fitting a plethoria of gadgets and ideas   only now they break into your house to steal the keys (easier and more efficient) tractors diggers and other equipment have not evolved at the same pace and the tollies are giong to softer and easier targets defenders included in this :wave:
the land rovers do not have the quality of steel they used to  disco3 had thinner steel on body and chassis range rovers went the same way  and old 90-110  just crumbled under you  BUT HOLD THERE MONEY BETTER THAN ANY OTHER LAND ROVER even when junk
the thiefs do not need ideas they are ahead of the game :wave:

Beewyched

• Joined Feb 2011
  • South Wales
    • tunkeyherd.co.uk
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2011, 12:23:34 pm »
Don't understand L Rover's attitude to the Defy's tho - my old FreeLander is miles cheaper to insure than my knackered Ford Focus because of the security on it (the F Lander) - surely they can adapt it to fit the Defy? 
Does this make sense to anyone else or am I just being a non-mechanical female about all this  ???

robert waddell

« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2011, 12:37:15 pm »
the security bit has some relevance to the ins BUT they recon that your freebie will be of the road (broken down) more than the focus
in a former life i ran Opel's there ign key fitted all fords even with new ignition switches fitted a nostalgia in the seventy's Donna summer (i feel love) young fit and able to dance without needing a recovery period after  never mind i have the memories :wave:

Beewyched

• Joined Feb 2011
  • South Wales
    • tunkeyherd.co.uk
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2011, 03:52:46 pm »
Know what you mean about the "off-road" bit Robert - we've had the Focus for 6 years now & never a day off the road - used to move 6 (yes 6 - please no welfare/safety comments  :-[ ) dogs up from South Wales with us, moving furniture, piglets, fencing, sheds, Rice horsebox, used as a snow-plough for the last 2 winters & not even a puncture  ;D
The Freeby - had it for 3 months - new front wheel bearing, split hose, welding on exhaust bracket, wiper connections (was my fault - should have cleared the snow off the roof BEFORE moving, not expected the wipers to clear the avalanche  :-[ ) now she's got a horrible grunty/rattle underneath when I pull out of junctions - left or right, not fussy  ???

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS