Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Bandits !!  (Read 2438 times)

andywalt

• Joined Aug 2010
  • kent
  • observe react administer enjoy !!
    • photos
Bandits !!
« on: April 01, 2011, 06:14:47 pm »
At the moment i have a little group of bandits !!! for the last two nights 3 ewes and 6 lambs (some lambs are not with there own mothers) they have found away out of the field (about 500 meters down the lane)and sneaked into the barn where the ewes to lamb are, and the feed is !! they have ambushed the hay and a sack of feed !! I hunted around the stock fencing which is all new !! and worked out that they must be sliding under the gate where there are wheel ruts !! I have tied netting to the bottom of the gate and today no escapees, little devils !!
Suffolk x romneys and Texel X with Romney Tup, Shetlands and Southdown Tup

ellisr

• Joined Sep 2009
  • Wales
Re: Bandits !!
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2011, 06:26:28 pm »
I wonder if they are related to my cutlet he can escape from anywhere and jump 5 foot fences too just to get into the food store or if that has no access come and bang on the front door. ;D

andywalt

• Joined Aug 2010
  • kent
    • photos
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2011, 06:30:39 pm »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :D :D :D :D :D

MrsJ

• Joined Jan 2009
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2011, 07:49:00 pm »
Little beggars!  I had a ewe and both lambs escape from a bonding pen - none of them have ever done it before.  I think the ewe must have gone over the top and the lambs squeezed through the bars.

jaykay

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Cumbria/N Yorks border
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2011, 09:05:32 pm »
I had a mad Herdie who used to jump out of her mothering pen - we had to put hurdles over the top too  ::)

bazzais

• Joined Jan 2010
    • Allt Y Coed Farm and Campsite
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2011, 10:44:53 pm »
Little devils indeed :) and now they know there is food outside they'll be waiting for that gate to open with baited breath :sheep: :sheep:

Baz

ellisr

• Joined Sep 2009
  • Wales
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2011, 11:25:22 am »
Andy I made a food store area out of pallets when mine discovered where it was and it works well, just lash some together with the front one as a gate and I use a bungee strap as a locking mechanism. They haven't breached it yet and it has been in the shelter for a couple of years now and is dead easy to move for cleaning

andywalt

• Joined Aug 2010
  • kent
    • photos
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2011, 08:46:58 pm »
Nice Idea I like that, Since I have attached the netting to the bottom of the gate all has been fine they have not got out.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS