Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: hello from Armadale, West Lothian  (Read 13471 times)

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

mackbear

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Armadale
  • mackbear
Re: hello from Armadale, West Lothian
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2009, 08:25:25 pm »
thanks Annie,

these are really useful :) sooper dooper!

Martin :)

sandy

« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2009, 09:27:16 pm »
Hello, we are not far away, Clackmannanshire, enjoy this forum, we used to have an allotment but found it hard to dig and get it all ready for veg, anyway, I just grow some herbs and have three chickens (that's all) I would love more and have room for them but need another shed if I have anymore, welcome anyway...Sandy

microbabes16

• Joined Jan 2009
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2009, 09:35:48 pm »
The web address for the allotment regeneration initiative is:

http://www.farmgarden.org.uk/ari/

I have sent them and email, not heard back yet but there seems to be loads of information on the website.

garden cottage

• Joined Sep 2008
  • forest of dean
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2009, 10:15:35 pm »
Hi martin, good luck with the land search & welcome...............neil

mackbear

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Armadale
  • mackbear
« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2009, 08:44:47 pm »
Thanks for the welcome Guys....it's really kind of you and i look forward to lots of chats with you all about lots of different subjects :)

willsandchucky

• Joined Feb 2009
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2009, 07:29:46 pm »
  Hi Martin

I just registered and logged on, read your posting, was wondering if you had , had any luck on getting small area to grow veg etc. Sustain the larder. My partner has a area of land, which he uses only a small area of for his horses. there are parts that would be suitable for you to grow on, also chickens would not be a problem either, as long as you had your own hen coup. The land is 2mins in a car from Armadale town centre. if walking its a brisk 20min walk......There is manure in abundance...... We would ask for a share of the produce, let me know if you are interested.

W & C

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2009, 08:13:48 pm »
Who needs Hugh - we have our own landshare going on ;D  No-one has come forward to share a bit of my front garden yet, so am starting with one raised bed near the compost bin and round the corner from my fruit bed.  If anyone wants to come and have a look with a view to landshare I'm in Clacks, PM me.
Annie
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Fluffywelshsheep

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Near Stirling, Central Scotland
« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2009, 08:27:54 pm »
need any help advise give me a shout have plenty of seeds too, they need to be ued this year as i am startting a fresh as some of them are going out of date.

Linz

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2009, 09:56:36 pm »
Ok, Linz you're on - come round soemtime and help me plan it out.  You can share the crop

mackbear

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Armadale
  • mackbear
« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2009, 09:14:40 am »
Hi W&C,

Sorry for the late reply - not logged in here for a few days (shame on me!)

Thanks for your very kind offer.  I've taken the liberty of dropping you an email :)  hope you don't mind me sending it to you directly.

Martin

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS