Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Oooh, chocolates!!  (Read 3184 times)

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
Oooh, chocolates!!
« on: March 31, 2011, 11:00:17 pm »
Hubby  helped a neighbour out today.  His land is up a very steep track, and a lot of delivery vehicles are unable to drive up there.  Today hubby took up six dumper fulls of stone for the neighbour.  He was so grateful for the help that he arrived with a big box of Thorntons chocs- a very posh box with a bow, milk dark and white ..........have to admit I have already started on them.  Better save some for hubby seeing as he did the work.  Poor man, usually ends up with the hard ones, or nutty ones.  But these are all soft centred!!

Sandy

Re: Oooh, chocolates!!
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2011, 11:05:26 pm »
We had two guests 2 weeks ago who gave us some expensive and sickly chocs, we ate them all soo quick, I hate to leave things half finished  ;)

Hermit

• Joined Feb 2010
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2011, 11:15:49 pm »
A while ago now OH and I liked canal boat holidays. One year a couple linked onto us cause they could not manage the locks, we spent two weeks trying to outrun them in a barge!!!! In the foulridge tunnel in Lancs we saw what we thought was the end of the tunnel and it was their light coming towards us, scream!!!!!! get the picture. It was a week later in Skipton at the boat hire they left us a huge box of chocs for all our help. Guilty or what!

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2011, 11:16:30 pm »
Yes, Sandy ......it preys on your mind  if you know there are still chocolates in the box.  I will not settle until they are all eaten (although I cannot manage them all tonight, there are two layers and its a large box).  And I will probably feel very sick afterwards, as I have an intolerance to cows milk and nuts, and chocolate always makes me feel ill.

Never mind, its worth it ;D

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2011, 11:18:54 pm »
Outrun someone in a barge .....that cannot have been easy......!!!

Sandy

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2011, 11:21:08 pm »
ROxy, I am also intollerant to chocolate and feel worse after eating them than if I were to drink large quantities of booze, much more of a hangover after chocolate yet, I still will eat the whole box, had to restrain ourselves when we saw Quality street tins etc for £3 after Christmas!!!  :pig: :pig: :pig:

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2011, 11:28:41 pm »
Tesco had easter eggs on offer for £1 each - quite a bargain saying you got the egg plus the filling (creme eggs were what I went for).  I was quite glad when the offer ended, cos I was getting an egg each time I went in.  And it was not doing me any good feeling so ill,  But I could not resist........

Funny thing is, I insist on drinking goats milk or rice milk, yet stuff myself silly with chocolates

ballingall

• Joined Sep 2008
  • Avonbridge, Falkirk
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2011, 11:32:35 pm »
You pair should try some of this! http://www.kidmenot.co.uk/ Their fudge is lovely...................

Beth

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2011, 11:44:03 pm »
I was looking at a couple of farms near there.  May have another look now I can see what is nearby!!

Sandy

« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2011, 09:54:04 am »
Its a lactose intolerance I have, over one glass and I burp and am full of air for at least 20 min, I am not keen on cereals in the morning due to this and if I have a hot milky drink I can get quite dizzy for a while, how about you Roxy, those products with goats milk look scrummy, maybe I should try, I did try Soya milk for a short time and it def was better!!!!! Burp...sques me :-[

loosey

• Joined May 2010
  • Cornwall
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2011, 11:46:47 am »
I do like chocolate but I'm not that fussed and I can't eat much of it ... but I like to try and the different ones so I nibble the corners of of them all and leave them in the box like a mouse has been at them ... OH then comes along and hoovers up the remnents! ::) ;D

Sandy

« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2011, 11:54:41 am »
loosey, my mum used to do that, I certainly have not inherited that from her, I never nibble  ;)

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS