Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Poultry Advice and Guidance North Yorkshire  (Read 2459 times)

TraditionalPigs

• Joined Feb 2008
Poultry Advice and Guidance North Yorkshire
« on: January 06, 2009, 05:28:50 pm »
There seems to be a shortage of poultry suppliers in the Yorkshire region that are willing to give advice to novices. I thought I would help fill that void and if I am lucky, I may even sell a few of our free range POL birds at the same time!

Anyone that is based in Yorkshire that wants some free advice on poultry husbandry, breeds, or setting up please get in touch. I look forward to hearing from you.

- Paul (www.traditionalpigs.com

xxmillyxx

• Joined Jan 2009
  • East Yorkshire
Re: Poultry Advice and Guidance North Yorkshire
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2009, 12:32:46 am »
Hi there
I am a new member and new to smallholding.  I have been looking for some Wheaton Marans to start my chicken keeping around february but not having any look.  The hubby initially wanted cuckoo marans as he has kept these before - its the dark eggs he likes ! - but i thought the wheaton were better looking.  However, I am getting to the point where any type of Maran will do - can you help me out ? It would be great if you could give me some advice (or even help in buying a good looking chicken that lays dark brown eggs) ???  ;D

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS