Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Fancy a trade anyone?  (Read 7543 times)

Helencus

• Joined Feb 2010
  • NW Leicestershire
Fancy a trade anyone?
« on: March 26, 2011, 05:18:40 pm »
Given the trade in weaners is slow and I have more than I really want to take on to slaughter I was wondering if anyone fancied a good old fashioned trade. Things I am looking for this year are:

Companion pony preferably Shetland
POL chickens good laying breed or cross
POL ducks and 1 drake good laying breed
Electric fence energiser
Sheep trailer (Ok so that's ambitious :-))

I'm based in the midlands so if anyone close Has good quality stuff or POL that they would want to trade then pm me if you want to trade for 12 week old piglets for meat.

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
Re: Fancy a trade anyone?
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2011, 10:22:19 pm »
Good luck with this - I think its a good idea, and hopefully someone will come up with something on your list.

Helencus

• Joined Feb 2010
  • NW Leicestershire
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2011, 10:28:34 pm »
Well no replies yet but with the cost of pig feed I'm not surprised tbh. Sold some this weekend so that was good. Thanks Roxy fancy trading some goats for pigs in a few when my cast is off?  Lol am I becoming opportunistic in my old age :-)))

Helencus

• Joined Feb 2010
  • NW Leicestershire
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2011, 10:35:28 pm »
In all seriousness I've chatted to hubby and middle term plans were goats and a couple of sheep for meat. Hubby says he's happy to do housing and fencing for either/both so I'm allowed to add these to my want list. I love my man :-)

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2011, 11:01:22 pm »
 :) I had only thought this morning that the way forward is trade something.  I am considering doing this with my pygmy intact billy (as we have some of his daughters), and was going to ask for poultry, or maybe hay/straw or something useful, or even a female goat.  So long as its not cockerels - we have plenty of those!!!

Brucklay

• Joined Apr 2010
  • Perthshire
    • Brucklay Pygmy Goats
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2011, 11:09:17 pm »
I think trading is a great thing - try to do it as much as poss. wouls love a trade section Dan if you read this ... something is aways useful to someone else .. I had a skip run today and came home with 2 great picture frames for OH artwork .. i got brownie points . lol
Pygmy Goats, Shetland Sheep, Zip & Indie the Border Collies, BeeBee the cat and a wreak of a building to renovate!!

manian

• Joined Sep 2010
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2011, 06:45:23 am »
hi
not got anything you want at the moment......but up for trading
we have currently traded 1/2 pig for lamb
one for spring and one for autumn.....
might offer hubby........thats for work not to keep ....... he's too useful  ;)
i'm in the midlands too

BlueDaisy

• Joined Aug 2010
  • Grow your own - veg and chooks!
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2011, 08:51:05 am »
There aleady is a trade section ;)
It's called swap shop at the top of this board! ;D

Hatty

• Joined Feb 2011
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2011, 10:58:58 am »
Not got a lot in the way of stuff to swap but I'm a qualified therapist anyone fancy swapping stuff for a massage or reflexology? lol I think its a great idea :wave:
How long did you say it would take me to dig this 5 acres with my spade?

violet

• Joined Jul 2009
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2011, 12:06:08 pm »
I think it's a great idea too! But I notice the swap shop board isn't used much - perhaps it should be somewhere more visible, especially as more people may want to use this as an option?
Good Luck!
I have pigs too. So if anyone in the Highland area would like to swap something for Pedigree Tamworth weaners, A young in-pig sow or even some gorgeous Tamworth Pork ( ready in 2 weeks & 6 weeks), I'm open to suggestions - but top of my wish list would be native breed & X bullocks.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2011, 12:13:34 pm »
Ok, I can join in this - I was a Management Accountant, prior to retiring so can trade:

Book-keeping
Preparing final Accounts
Self assessment tax returns
Form filling

All can be done remotely by post or email. I would normally charge £10 an hour , but length of time depends on volume of trade, length of form etc, if that helps.

Would ideally trade for local help in my garden, getting raised beds organised, etc - heavier work that I'm not fit for.  Clackmannan area - Hour for hour would be fine.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

freethyme

• Joined Mar 2011
  • Solihull
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2011, 09:17:48 pm »
I am new to this and only just found how to reply!! swapping is a great idea, wish I had some POL, as only got some baby chicks.  Would be interested in some new piglets later.  My two boys will go to slaughter over the Easter holidays. What do you breed and what price do you normal ask.  It shows you at the end of the M42 so very close to me (I am near Birmingham airport). Would be good to keep in contact. Hope you can clear some of your weaner's.

northfifeduckling

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Fife
    • North Fife Blog
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2011, 07:15:47 am »
Hatty, whereabouts are you?  :&>

Helencus

• Joined Feb 2010
  • NW Leicestershire
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2011, 07:31:48 am »
Hi freethyme I'm about 30 mins from you just north of tamworth. I've pm you.

freethyme

• Joined Mar 2011
  • Solihull
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2011, 10:34:25 pm »
Sorry to ask!! is a pm a message sent to my email address or is there a pm system on this site, sorry to be a nut be very new to all this.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS