Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: I shouldn't laugh ....  (Read 4184 times)

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
I shouldn't laugh ....
« on: September 29, 2009, 10:43:30 pm »
but can resist a little giggle.

We have a security guard in the field (no, not guarding my animals, he is watching the steel road the leccy company have put in while they upgrade the high wires!)  I was bringing Paddy and Jasmine the goats up the farm track as he drove down to take up his post, this evening.  As Jasmine was walking along the wall, he slowed down.  Anyway, he said what a nice goat Paddy was, and told me he had been stroking him in the field yesterday.

Anyone who has smelt a billy goat will know how the smell lingers, and if it gets on your hands ......I have been giggling all evening, thinking of the man sat in his cabin wondering what the smell was, all night.

Really I should have told him not to stroke Paddy under any circumstances - but I didn't!!!

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
Re: I shouldn't laugh ....
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2009, 09:18:51 pm »
 ;D
Maybe the poor chap couldn't smell it... bet his missus had something to say!!
Little Blue

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2009, 10:46:07 pm »
Yes, I did think of that, Ruth - poor man probably never even realised the smell was through touching Paddy goat.  I have got used to it now, and it does not bother me, but I am very careful about changing before going to work etc. and scrubbing my hands well, to try and get rid of the whiff.  My neighbour complained about the "awful smell" next to my stables, as she walked past.....thats from someone who lives next to a sewage farm :D

xnbacon

• Joined Mar 2009
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2009, 01:36:06 pm »
People are funny, the lady who's house backs onto mine and the pub next door put her head over the fence to complain about the smell of vomit coming from my garden, and blamed it on the rabbit.  Had she said chicken poo I'd have understood it . . .

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2009, 03:32:14 pm »
Oh, poor rabbit, getting the blame ......!!!

sandy

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2009, 10:14:01 pm »
I bet he had been scratching himself (like men can only do)due to boredom and thought it was his smell!! I bet he went straight home for a shower and tons of aftershave!!!

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2009, 10:25:14 pm »
 :D  I haven't seen the man standing by the wall stroking Paddy, again.  Poor Paddy, he is such a friendly chap, its a shame no one wants to fuss him.

I still keep having a giggle thinking about the man having billy goat smell on him......he would be eating his sandwiches, or not, if the smell put him off!!

I am used to it now - and can hardly smell the goats.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS