Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Oh my Gosh, Goats are arriving!  (Read 4817 times)

McRennet

• Joined Mar 2011
Oh my Gosh, Goats are arriving!
« on: March 23, 2011, 09:25:43 pm »
Hello!

I just wanted to share my sheer joy that my newly adopted goats will be heading to their new home tomorrow morning. I have driven down to somerset this evening in order to travel with them but they are being transported by Gordon from Ardross Animal Transport, who himself has been very good with the whole thing. Mainly calming me!

I am so excited and just so hope that they travel well...

Thank you so much to everyone has been giving me advice over the last few days, I really appreciate it and it's been invaluable.
I shall update you all on the move.
Warm regards,

McRennet.

jaykay

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Cumbria/N Yorks border
Re: Oh my Gosh, Goats are arriving!
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2011, 09:52:31 pm »
How exciting  ;D

You know we will need photos  ;)

ballingall

• Joined Sep 2008
  • Avonbridge, Falkirk
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2011, 11:33:52 pm »
Oh that is exciting. I hope your kids all travel well. Gordon is a well experienced goat keeper and will definitely see you right. I would tell you to say hello to him, but I don't know if he will remember who I am!

Beth

wytsend

• Joined Oct 2010
  • Okehampton
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2011, 06:33:54 am »
You could not be in better hands than Gordon George ... would not use anybody else for goat transport.

I use him regularly for goats leaving here to go to their new homes........however small.

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2011, 07:00:03 pm »
very exciting, hope all goes well  :)
Little Blue

fruitfarm

• Joined Feb 2011
  • The Lincolnshire Fens
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2011, 07:03:22 pm »

So exciting!  We will, of course, want a full report as soon as you can tear yourself away from them!

Beewyched

• Joined Feb 2011
  • South Wales
    • tunkeyherd.co.uk
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2011, 08:49:18 pm »
Still waiting for the photos  ??? Tear yourself away from them & get posting  ;D
Tunkey Herd - registered Kune Kune & rare breed poultry - www.tunkeyherdkunekune.com

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2011, 10:17:41 pm »
Hope your new goats are settlingin their new home!!

McRennet

• Joined Mar 2011
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2011, 07:44:47 am »
Well, as some of you who are following my other threads will know my new addition are refusing to eat concentrates but I think this could be a combination of incredible hay and the move. However they are full of character and getting used to their new surroundings. Even managed to escape yesterday! Due to the fact that I am keeping them on a local farm, all they did was walk straight into one of the other paddocks and have a nose around. The great thing about being on a farm, someone is there all the time - the collars came in handy though!

So I am going to try to put a picture on here, apologies if I get it wrong, I'm not 'at one' with technology!
[img]/Users/lee-annarennie/Pictures/iPhoto Library/Modified/2011/Tweedle Dum & Tweedle Dee/CIMG1662.JPG/img]

Cinderhills

• Joined Jul 2010
  • North Yorkshire
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2011, 08:19:03 am »
No pics!  You need to click on the "additional information" bit at the bottom of your reply you are posting and click"choose file".  Look forward to seeing them soon!

McRennet

• Joined Mar 2011
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2011, 01:56:56 pm »
Thanks Cinderhills, good job someone on here knows how to do it otherwise I'd have been sending you useless links to pictures!

Ok, lets try this......

Noop, it wont let me because my picture is to big. I do not know how to reduce the size of a photo.

Next option?

Cinderhills

• Joined Jul 2010
  • North Yorkshire
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2011, 09:35:40 am »
On my computer if you right click on the photo then on a list should be "edit". Click this and it should take you to some program where you can resize the photo.  This may not be the case on your computer though!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS