Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Spotty Lamb Pics - and could you advise please ..  (Read 1782 times)

Brucklay

• Joined Apr 2010
  • Perthshire
    • Brucklay Pygmy Goats
    • Facebook
Spotty Lamb Pics - and could you advise please ..
« on: March 23, 2011, 09:54:02 am »
Here they are .. so they have spent the night inside and seem to be doing fine both taking milk. Mum passed everything so I pretty sure things are normal for her. As they are early their shelter is in the wrong paddock and as no vehicle at the moment (in the garage waiting a part ....think it must be coming from the moon!!) we will have to make it into sections to move by hand so not a quick job. ok to the point when would you advise putting them out - there is a wind break (old pallets in a zig zag shape with sheeting on top) will this be enough for them or should I get my toolbelt on. I read re bugs etc they sould go out sooner rather than later but is now or in a couple of day - thank you as ever
Pygmy Goats, Shetland Sheep, Zip & Indie the Border Collies, BeeBee the cat and a wreak of a building to renovate!!

Brucklay

• Joined Apr 2010
  • Perthshire
    • Brucklay Pygmy Goats
    • Facebook
Re: Spotty Lamb Pics - and could you advise please ..
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2011, 10:08:29 am »
Thank you WG - I think she would have been quite happy out in the field but as she them most timid one I didn't want to chance complications and running around the field in the dark - I'll check the forcaste and hopefully go out tomorrow morning - thank you
Pygmy Goats, Shetland Sheep, Zip & Indie the Border Collies, BeeBee the cat and a wreak of a building to renovate!!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS