Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Thankyou Happy Hippy  (Read 4783 times)

Glentarki

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Perth/Fife Border
Thankyou Happy Hippy
« on: March 23, 2011, 01:00:39 am »
Not sure if this is the appropriate section to post this but I will anyway…. On Monday we visited Karen (happy hippy) and her hubby Bruce. What a welcome we had and Bruce even met us a few miles away so we managed to find our way to their farm OK…..We had been considering some Kune Kune pigs hence our visit.

Credit where due and positive feedback for others…. Karen was a wealth of information, gave us great sound advice , and answered all our worrying questions……..For us its great to find a user friendly forum like TAS where regular contributors are as genuine as their posts…..Not at any time were we pressured into buying stock, In fact at one stage I recall thinking OK I wont two when or how do I ask  ;D ;D………Karen had even gone to the trouble of making us lunch most unexpected but very delicious especially the homemade bread!!.

Thank you Karen and Bruce! ;)

Dave

Helencus

• Joined Feb 2010
  • NW Leicestershire
Re: Thankyou Happy Hippy
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2011, 06:33:39 am »
This is the same lady who stayed up online until 2am to help me with my girl who was stressed after farrowing. We should have TAS awards HH gets gold in my book  :bouquet: :bouquet: :pig:

HappyHippy

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2011, 07:40:45 am »
Thank you Dave & Helen, for your very kind words  :-* :-* :-* but you're making me all embarrassed ! I just like doing what I do and if I can help out anyone else than so much the better - it's all about Karma  ;) ;D ;D ;D
Karen x

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2011, 09:56:52 am »
Karen, I know what a star you are too!  And those lovely kids too - yes, folks - I vote a gold star for HH :love:
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

bloomer

• Joined Aug 2010
  • leslie, fife
  • i have chickens, sheep and opinions!!!
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2011, 09:59:51 am »
i need to add to this

the whole forum is fantastic but HH has been most helpful sending me info i wanted needed to start my mission to move to scotland soon (more info about that to follow shortly hopefully)

if i ever get up there  ;D ;D ;D i look forward to meeting many of you but HH is high on the list!!!

loosey

• Joined May 2010
  • Cornwall
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2011, 10:19:22 am »
Karen, please may you come and live in Cornwall with me until Daisy is all done with her piglets?! Failing that a live weblink might be okay  ;)

Agreed, you have calmed me down on more occasions that I care to remember since I ventured into the world of breeding from my girls!!  ;D

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2011, 11:36:26 am »
Failing that a live weblink might be okay  ;)
Does anyone on here SKYPE?  I've put it on my laptop but not on here as this PC doesn't have a built in mike and can't be bothered wearing one of these headset thingys
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

sam.t

• Joined Mar 2009
  • goole east yorkshire
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2011, 12:09:47 pm »
i use skype mainly because my husband away all weeek (lorry driver) and  my youngest likes to say night night to daddy but it also very handy when they dont behave lol
sam :chook:

HappyHippy

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2011, 12:48:01 pm »
At the risk of sounding twee - you guys ! You've made me cry with all the nice things you've said  :'( :-* :D
Bloomer - I'll be expecting a visit when you make it up this far  ;D As long as you've got the time. In fact, I'm happy for anyone to come and see me (I don't get out much lol! and I love showing off my pigs  ;))
Loosey - your offer is SO tempting  ;D But with 4 little ones (especially Kaitlin with her aspergers & ADHD) there's no chance whatsoever of me getting away for longer than one overnight ! I'll pm you my phone number if you want ? Just let me know - but I'm sure all will be fine when the time comes. Pigs don't need to read books, or clue themselves up on the 'net - they do what comes naturally, it's just us that panic and get in a flap  ;) ;D
Annie - skype ?! You're so techy  ::) ;D I can hardly get a minute to talk on the phone without a riot breaking out in the background  :o I like the net and emails cos no one can hear me shouting at the kids  ;) ;D Well, not really but if they know I'm on the phone they want to speak to whoever it is too  ::) (Don't know where they get that from  :D)
Incidentally, on the techy side - does anyone know how to connect a wired CCTV system up to broadcast on the web ?  ??? I have 'piggy cam' set up and would love everyone to be able to see it. ;)
Karen  :wave:

princesspiggy

« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2011, 01:48:06 pm »
actually...happyhippy also helped me work out how to set-up a website, hope to meet u soon at the showing workshop  :wave: :wave:

Sandy

« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2011, 09:29:23 pm »
You have been nice to me and my daughter as well!!!!! :bouquet:

Fowgill Farm

• Joined Feb 2009
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2011, 10:29:05 am »
Agree with all that have gone before, HH was very kind to me when i was upset about sending one my girls (pigs)to meet her maker! So thank you for being a shoulder to cry on.
Mandy  :pig: :bouquet:

HappyHippy

« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2011, 12:06:54 pm »
Okay, Bruce says you've all to stop now cos I can barely get through the door - my head's too big apparently lol!  ;D ;D ;D
I just like doing what I do and making new friends and meeting new people along the way ;) I'm not anything special  :-\
TAS has been my inspiration in a way, giving me the confidence to do what I enjoy, the benefit of everyone else's years of mistakes and a great support network of friends and likeminded people :D
I just try to do my bit to kinda give back what others have given me.
Anyway, the weather's too nice to be in here typing - I'm away back out to play with my piggies and watch Connor herd the chickens around the garden  :wave:

Helencus

• Joined Feb 2010
  • NW Leicestershire
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2011, 02:52:51 pm »
Some people that we meet in life even if only virtually online you know are truly kind people. You're one of them and it's my pleasure and privilege to know you. Go play with your kids and piglets and have fun  :bouquet:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS