Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Lots of broody banties and silkies  (Read 2280 times)

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
Lots of broody banties and silkies
« on: March 18, 2011, 11:33:16 pm »
As usual, they lay a few eggs, and then think its a good idea to go broody.  The smallest of the bunch - a lovely blue laced bantie I got from Bigchicken - is the fiercest of the lot,.  Putting your hard under her is dangerous!!

Spring must definitely be here.  Not sat any eggs yet, but have had someone ask for some bantam chicks, so had better get moving.

Need to do something, as they are hogging the nest boxes :)

bigchicken

• Joined Nov 2008
  • Fife Scotland
Re: Lots of broody banties and silkies
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2011, 11:56:11 pm »
Hi Roxy yes good broodies them Wyandottes, got a couple on the go one just hatched out some Wellsummer eggs back of my hands all pecked just trying to count them, fierce a brilliant description. Cheers
Shetland sheep, Castlemilk Moorits sheep, Hebridean sheep, Scots Grey Bantams, Scots Dumpy Bantams. Shetland Ducks.

geebee

• Joined Aug 2010
  • N,E.Fife
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2011, 12:06:12 am »
Hi Roxy yes good broodies them Wyandottes, got a couple on the go one just hatched out some Wellsummer eggs back of my hands all pecked just trying to count them, fierce a brilliant description. Cheers
Hi bigchicken, do you have any Wyandotte bantams for sale?

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2011, 07:04:33 am »
Can recommend Bigchickens birds - that little bantie has been much admired by people, and hatched some smashing coloured chicks from her eggs last year!

bigchicken

• Joined Nov 2008
  • Fife Scotland
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2011, 07:34:00 pm »
Hi geebee I have a couple of barred hens & a couple of gold laced hens spare at the moment cheers.
Shetland sheep, Castlemilk Moorits sheep, Hebridean sheep, Scots Grey Bantams, Scots Dumpy Bantams. Shetland Ducks.

geebee

• Joined Aug 2010
  • N,E.Fife
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2011, 12:59:24 am »
Hi, very interested in the gold laced. will pm you.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS