Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: had some shocking news today  (Read 35497 times)

loosey

• Joined May 2010
  • Cornwall
Re: had some shocking news today
« Reply #45 on: March 17, 2011, 09:32:44 am »
Talk away. I know only too well what being away from family and close friends can do to your mental state - especially when you have such a lot on your shoulders.

Sending you lots of love and strength. :bouquet: :)

princesspiggy

« Reply #46 on: March 17, 2011, 12:15:03 pm »
thinking of you x sending u a big hug 0000 :love:

Sandy

« Reply #47 on: March 17, 2011, 12:47:23 pm »
Thinking of you and how life can change in a flash, enjoy what you can when you can is my motto, cease the day!!!  :bouquet:

RUSTYME

• Joined Oct 2009
« Reply #48 on: March 17, 2011, 04:15:37 pm »
so sorry to hear the news Faith , hope you and OH are keeping on top of things . I am not religious nor a believer but I will say a payer to all deities , gods, whatever , just in case one is listening  !!! Keeping everything crossed for you both ,

love and best wishes  Russ

faith0504

• Joined Aug 2010
  • Cairngorms
  • take it easy and chill
    • blaemuir cottage
« Reply #49 on: March 17, 2011, 07:07:06 pm »
Thanks once again for all your kind posts and wonderful words, it means so much, even though they bring a tear to my eye.

We have had a good day today, a positive but busy day, i go for accupuncture once a week for my back and today i arranged for the lady to give my OH a massage to help relax him a wee bit, it worked and was also nice to watch, he has his moments, of feeling very scared but lots of hugs and whispers in his ear are working wonders.

The plans for the wedding are going ok, told everyone i.e family, the registar was shut today so hopefully we will get it booked tomorrow, the only person that hates the idea of pjs for the wedding is my mother, everyone else has given it the thumbs up, we have changed it to nightwear, in tartan.

I have spent alot of time on the phone today, letting folk now which is very hard, its all very surreal at the moment, cant really belief this is happening, its not until i sit or lay down it hits me like a sledge hammer, not a very nice feeling.

On the whole im doing ok, on the outside anyhow (if that makes sense) feel like im crying and torn apart inside, but i want to keep strong for him, i have all the time in the world next week when he is in hospital to cry, and sit and think, i enjoying having time with him, at the moment savouring every moment.

Im dreading next week when he is not here, i fill up when i think about it, it feels me full of alsorts of awful scary thoughs, but i have got the week end to mentally prepare for it, one day at a time, even one hour at a time if i need to.

God im scared

My animals are being amazing as always, they give me a sense of normality, which i think will help and get me through,

Theses flowers are for you all  :bouquet: :bouquet: :bouquet: :bouquet: :bouquet: :bouquet: :bouquet: :bouquet: :bouquet: :bouquet: :bouquet: :bouquet: :bouquet:

Helencus

• Joined Feb 2010
  • NW Leicestershire
« Reply #50 on: March 17, 2011, 07:14:07 pm »
Oh Faith I've shed a few tears just reading the posts and thinking of you all. Keep strong chick we're all praying for strength for you  :bouquet: :bouquet:

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #51 on: March 17, 2011, 10:26:04 pm »
we'll wear Tartan down in England-shire for you both too, if you like.
better not choose April 1st ....  ::D
Little Blue

Fleecewife

• Joined May 2010
  • South Lanarkshire
    • ScotHebs
« Reply #52 on: March 17, 2011, 11:32:14 pm »
Hi Leanne. Such a terrible time for you - my thoughts are with you both.  My OH and I have been through what you are doing now so I know the terror, horror and fears you will have.  So many positive thoughts are coming your way - I'm sure they helped with us and I hope they do with you too. Once this is all over you will emerge as a stronger couple, changed but together.  How wonderful to be planning your wedding - April 4th, that will be a great day  :) :bouquet:
"Let's not talk about what we can do, but do what we can"

There is NO planet B - what are YOU doing to save our home?

Do something today that your future self will thank you for - plant a tree

Love your soil - it's the lifeblood of your land.

ballingall

• Joined Sep 2008
  • Avonbridge, Falkirk
« Reply #53 on: March 17, 2011, 11:32:50 pm »
Oh Faith, I've only just read this. So sorry to hear- and I can only echo some of the other beautiful posts on here.

It is possible to fight it, my uncle had the same kind of cancer, and had to have a big op- in the end some of his jaw and tongue removed. BUT- it worked, and he has got over it, and adjusted, and is enjoying life.

We can all be taken at any second- it only takes a moment, so try and enjoy every moment.

Beth

faith0504

• Joined Aug 2010
  • Cairngorms
  • take it easy and chill
    • blaemuir cottage
« Reply #54 on: March 17, 2011, 11:54:17 pm »
Everyone has been great on here, knowing i have an outlet, and somewhere i can write down my thoughts and fears, plus the good, will help, it will be a good release for me, im wont ever beable to thank everyone enough for letting me do it, your all great.  :bouquet:

please dare with me though im not the worlds best at expressing myself, cant always get the words down how i want them to be, and get gumbled up,

Everyone is asleep now so im just having some me chill time, its been along day, im worn out, but my head is racing, wish i knew how to take the batteries out  ??? ::)

Brucklay

• Joined Apr 2010
  • Perthshire
    • Brucklay Pygmy Goats
    • Facebook
« Reply #55 on: March 18, 2011, 12:39:36 am »
Want to post my support and hugs to you Faith and I should have done it earlier, so sorry your going though this ..... what do I say that will help, I don't know I really don't, I smile, even on the most horrid days when the animals do mad things so I hope yours do that for you, wishing you and OH better days x Clare
Pygmy Goats, Shetland Sheep, Zip & Indie the Border Collies, BeeBee the cat and a wreak of a building to renovate!!

knightquest

• Joined May 2010
  • Birmingham
    • Knight Pet Supplies
« Reply #56 on: March 18, 2011, 12:46:44 am »
Just keep doing what you're doing. Write down what you want and feel. No one will judge you and we will only support you. We're here to listen and send waves of good, healing vibes.

Sleep well.

Ian
Ian (me), Diane (my wife) and 4 dogs. Ollie (Lab mix) , Quest (Malamute), Gazer and Boris (Leonbergers)

faith0504

• Joined Aug 2010
  • Cairngorms
  • take it easy and chill
    • blaemuir cottage
« Reply #57 on: March 18, 2011, 06:48:13 am »
Its a glorious morning here, slight frost on the ground blue sky, mr sun is getting up, hardly any wind, its a feel good day, you have to enjoy these days, spring in the air, the smell of freshness and new life coming through.

Today will be a good day  ;) :wave:

hope everyone has a productive positive day  :bouquet: :bouquet: :wave: :wave:

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #58 on: March 18, 2011, 10:53:59 am »
It's like that here too, I'm just having a quick look to see how you are then I'm off out with my dogs to the woods.  Stay with that good feeling, Faith, remember the song - it's gonna be a bright sunshiny day; love to you and your man xx
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

NorthEssexsmallholding

• Joined Dec 2010
« Reply #59 on: March 18, 2011, 01:38:47 pm »
hope your husband beats this horrible disease.  Try to stay strong and face it head on together. BEst wishes.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS