Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Scared Shitzu  (Read 8153 times)

Carolinajim

• Joined Dec 2008
  • Eastern North Carolina, USA
    • Red Bay Farm
Scared Shitzu
« on: January 05, 2009, 01:12:18 am »
Cantaloupe, our little shitzu was frightened today.  You see, I relented and after 25 years I let my wife try to cut my hair again.

Lets just say that Mrs Carolinajim has not yet mastered the art of cutting hair. I sit here bald...looking like a military recruit except old and fat.

Cantaloupe barks and growls at me...it is quite disconcerting. 
Best Regards,
Jim
www.redbayfarm.com a website about a small 46 acre family owned tree farm
Become Carbon Neutral - Buy Land and Plant Trees

HappyHippy

Re: Scared Shitzu
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2009, 09:57:44 am »
Poor Pup !

My kids react badly to daddy when he shaves his head (although not so much with barking - just looks of fear lol!) Mind you, he does look like a thug with no hair !

Don't be disheartened by the haircut, as my dad points out- the difference between a good haircut and a bad haircut is only about 5 days !

Happy hair growing !

Karen  :pig:

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2009, 09:22:31 pm »
When we married my husband had a full beard.  When our daughter was about one he decided to have it shaved off without telling anyone and marched in from work one night, picked Sarah up as usual, and started to spin her around for her usual fun and games with Daddy - she SCREAMED, and SCREAMED, and SCREAMED ;D ;D ;D  I had to take her up to visit my Mum and Dad a few doors away to calm her down.  She got used to him after a day or so but he had to grow it fully back before she would stop eyeing him up and down very suspiciously! ;) ::)
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

sandy

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2009, 10:08:11 pm »
My partner had very long blonde curly hair that he hardly ever combed but it started slipping off his head as his forehead got bigger, he also thought he was starting to resemble  Peter Stringfello, so, when on holiday he suddely went off to a hairdressers and agreed to meet me at the cinema, when he arrived I did not recognise him, no, I did not scream but had to keep looking again at him. Strangely, when he has no hair, as he usualy shaves it all off every few weeks, he is often followed by police or store detectives, amazing that the lack of hair can make men look "hard" and for ages he did not like taking our Rottwieller dog out for a walk, he's OK now but he still gets looks sometime's.

MrRee

• Joined Jan 2008
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2009, 11:13:27 pm »
I went to a zoo last year and all the cages were empty apart from one with a dog in it........................... It was a Shitzu.   ;D
They don’t join cliques — more times than not, they stand alone — but they recognize and gravitate towards one another. Only warriors understand other warriors.

garden cottage

• Joined Sep 2008
  • forest of dean
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2009, 06:17:27 am »
let one of my daughters loose on my hair because they thought it would be 'fun' head now looks like a burst mattress

sandy

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2009, 08:09:09 am »
I reminds me of the designer dogs around now that used to just be mungrels, a friend had a Shitzu and mated it with a Bulldog, the result...Bullshits!!

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2009, 07:50:40 pm »
That was funny. So was the zoo one.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2009, 08:31:39 pm »
One of the forums I'm on was listing all the 'designer' dogs they could find adverts for - loads of them, and guess what, they are asking twice the price of pure pedigree dogs - and stupid people are paying because they think they are getting a new breed!  You can't breed a Labradoodle to a Labradoodle and get more labradoodles - you get mongrels!
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

rustyme

« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2009, 08:46:43 pm »
got some real pedigree mongrels for sale here .... £800 each ...they are called: Mugs and Divs  .....just like the people that buy them ....lol....... ::) ;D

cheers

Russ

sandy

« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2009, 09:19:46 pm »
Maybe we can co  me up with our own designer dogs, my brain is not working at full potential but what about a Terrier and a Bull dog being a Terribull, or maybe a Springer and a Collie  a coiledspring, or a Setter and a Boxer being a Boxset, maybe a Scottish Terrier and  Rottwieler, Scotchon the rocks!!! maybe I should give up...more ideas!! I will have a think,  Sandy

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2009, 09:51:25 pm »
These are funny. I like the "coiledspring" - very apt, I would think

sandy

« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2009, 10:29:51 pm »
Just had to find some more designer dog's, a Rough Collie and a Pug would have little Rugs, a Dachshund and a Border Terrier would have Dachboards, or for the more sophisticated person, a Dachshund and a Dandie Dinmont would have Dashind Dandies....

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2009, 11:23:08 pm »
I rather liked Rosemary's 'Spanners' - Springers crossed. with Weimaraners.  I'm pretty sure that was the breeding Hugh F-W did a couple of years ago.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS