Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Ex bats!  (Read 1946 times)

johnmac

• Joined Dec 2008
  • Perth
Ex bats!
« on: March 14, 2011, 10:58:41 pm »
Just been in touch with Battery welfare folks, getting another six hens in April to add to the three I got two years ago... Which are laying again now it's milder... Well not this week!

A very worthy cause! Watching them transform from oven ready to full feathered is great!

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
Re: Ex bats!
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2011, 11:05:04 pm »
Yes, they are very addictive .....your numbers do creep up.  Watch out, you will have as many as me one day :)  Having been involved in the rescues, the sick  and sorry ones make their way home with me.  But, a few months down the line, you would not recognise them.  My field is full of them, but I enjoy watching them have their freedom, and they are back laying now too.

scotelf

• Joined Aug 2010
  • West Lothian
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2011, 11:06:36 pm »
Good luck with your new ex bats. Some before, during and after pics would be good if you had the time?

My friend got ex bats a couple of yeras ago and their transformation was great to see  :)  :chook:
Lynn :)

ambriel

• Joined Jan 2011
  • Kinlochbervie, NW Sutherland, Scotland
  • Mad, bad, and dangerous to know!
    • Harbour Cottage
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2011, 11:10:02 pm »
One of our neighbours is expecting a delivery of ex-bat's soon. She already has a decent number very nice hens so it'll be interesting to see how the new girls fit in.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS