Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Wild herbs and food to harvest!!!  (Read 16151 times)

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
Re: Wild herbs and food to harvest!!!
« Reply #45 on: January 22, 2009, 04:56:27 pm »
Books away to the Auditor - Yippee,  can come on here now and not feel guilty about it. Kennet garage is David!  Ask him about the Bumble.  Should take you a bit more than 10 minutes to here then another 10 to you - maybe a tad more but not much longer than half an hour all told I would think.  I'm going to Aberdeen tomorrow or I'd have taken you there.  Will be back Saturday, but then off to Edinburgh on Sunday (dog shows ;))  Got the pet food and the muzzle for Hester (she isn't a bad dog - absolutely adores people, especially my grandchildren, but hates other bitches so can't let her off lead for walks which she needs for exercise)  Need that dog whisperer, Rosemary!
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

sandy

« Reply #46 on: January 23, 2009, 10:08:21 pm »
Right, the only food stuff right now are fungi...truffles (where could we look for them?) and nettles, I look for them all the time as my chickens love them, they hurt this time of year, a funny sort of numbness, quite nice realy.... Everywhere seems realy slippy as well, is it me or does anyone else talk to "mother nature" when I try to get some treat and get caught up in brambles or tread in doggy dooo's, I think I am being stopped and say to her, Ok, I will be careful, let me take some!!! or, I go somewhere else. Often the best produce is hidden behind brambles or just out of reach, so the task is a challange, the winner takes the spoils...Now, I am not realy that mad so do not say " talking to yourself is the first sign" I mean, I talk in my head...I think....

Fluffywelshsheep

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Near Stirling, Central Scotland
« Reply #47 on: January 24, 2009, 10:05:25 am »
no comment sandy lol,

hiding things is way that nature insure that it survives.
Linz

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS