Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: goats milk soap  (Read 3117 times)

dysie39

• Joined Oct 2009
  • Life is what you make it, so make it worth living.
goats milk soap
« on: March 12, 2011, 11:07:05 am »
Hi all, ::)
Im looking at all new possibilities for if ( ever ) I get this farm im looking at, and wondered if anyone on here has any knowledge of soap making, especially making goats :goat: milk soap and products like it
any info will be appreciated
Diane ;D
An immaculate house is a sign of a dull life

BlueDaisy

• Joined Aug 2010
  • Grow your own - veg and chooks!
Re: goats milk soap
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2011, 11:20:19 am »
 ;D ;D ;D

Ask Plumseverywhere!

egglady

• Joined Jun 2009
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2011, 11:41:12 am »
yup!  that's what i would have said as well :)

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2011, 12:15:02 pm »
 ;D  hello Diane  :wave:

I run a business called Its Baaath Time.  Its goats milk soap, bath bombs, creamers etc.  hard work but worth it  ;)
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

dysie39

• Joined Oct 2009
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2011, 01:00:04 pm »
cool well if things work out I may be asking you lots of questions,
how many goats do you have
do you have a website
ohhhh im excited

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2011, 01:08:22 pm »
www.itsbaaathtime.com is the website.  I had to go through a strict safety assessment with a cosmetic chemist before I could start selling (in fact before you even give out soap you should really) and then for each new product I had to pay for more assessments.
On top of this is obviously insurance, ingredients and moulds etc outlay.

I love the business and really enjoy making new soaps and selling at fairs or via the site  :)  best bit is the feedback as it gives you such a boost.
benefits of goats milk soap are : ph is almost same as human skin, its wonderfully moisturising, it has been (anecdotally) found to help with psoriasis, eczema and dermatitis.
recently Its baaath time was featured in The Daily express, Chat magazine and Worcestershire LIfe magazine and have recieved lots of lovely messages so there is definately a market for goats milk soap  :)

currently 2 goats having lost 2 last year. New nanny (and possibly kid) coming in a month of so. Currently our milk comes from my old milkers mum! 
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

dysie39

• Joined Oct 2009
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2011, 01:14:25 pm »
thanks for the info, I was wondering about the health and safety side of things, I actually found your website thanks its good and ive joined I might even place an order soon,
ill keep you informed
Im actually just waiting for a call from the owners to say if they have decided to sell or just rent out the farm,
fingers crossed for me
 ;D

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2011, 04:47:37 pm »
Ah fab! fingers and toes crossed  ;)

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS