Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Keeping pigs - the iPhone app  (Read 5845 times)

oaklandspigs

• Joined Nov 2009
  • East Sussex
    • OaklandsPigs
Re: Keeping pigs - the iPhone app
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2011, 06:54:01 pm »
Dont even have a working mobile.
What worries me is that this suggests you may have a non-working mobile  ?
www.Oaklandspigs.co.uk
"Perfect Pigs" the complete guide to keeping pigs; One Day Pig Courses in South East;
Weaners for sale - Visit our site for details

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2011, 09:27:25 am »
Sadly true, have a non working, very pretty birthday present mobile which died exactly 2 days after the guarantee ran out. 

Eve

• Joined Jul 2010
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2011, 02:53:44 pm »
On the iphone app, would be it possible to enter amount of feed eaten and weather of the day, so that those who weigh their pigs regularly could keep track of the influence of weather and how fast the pigs are growing?
Just asking since someone near us keeps 2 weaners for fattening, and takes note of the temperature, amount of food eaten and the pig's weight every single day. He walks around with a clipboard.
I don't even have a thermometer anymore that actually works... :)

robert waddell

« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2011, 03:07:03 pm »
eve his findings would be interesting       if only from a curiosity point of view

craiglockwood

• Joined May 2009
  • South Wales
    • Website
« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2011, 03:30:21 pm »
A bit late for that Eve as the app has already been sent to to Apple for approval.  This feature could be added as a future update though.

Here is a quick video showing how the app works.      *please note that not all features work in the video as I was demonstrating the app on a simulator not an actual device.

Guide To Keeping Pigs

Eve

• Joined Jul 2010
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2011, 10:45:27 pm »
Lillian - I'll stop by this chap's plot a few times in the next few weeks, if he's there I'll ask him about the data. I wouldn't be surprised if he even kept a log of the gilt versus the boar, he was very precise about it all.

Craig, good luck, a beekeeping app next?  8)

robert waddell

« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2011, 10:48:53 pm »
if he lets you have the data it should be interesting :wave:

Joe11

• Joined Feb 2011
« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2011, 01:18:14 am »
Real tidy app there and looks like it is already really good. Dont know how easy it would be but being able to have individual records for each pig with amount of feed being fed, weights, medications, notes etc would make it pretty darn amazing. Could see that being very useful to the smallholder with a few pigs so mabe something for v2

Blonde

• Joined Mar 2011
« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2011, 07:28:34 am »
PLEASE..............No One take offence to this....................BUT....................as a middle aged, grumpy old man........................for God's sake, keep real ones!  Their batteriese dont go flat after 4 hours, they respond well when dropped in shite, they dont mind a bit of water on them, theyre big enough to actually see, you cant loose them, and more importantly they dont need updating every bloody month!!

Before you know there will be 'Ipig', the all new virtual reality pig keeping game........grow your own bacon from your bedroom!  Did life just pass me by or something?!?!?!

regards
Jason

www.hairyhogs.co.uk

OOOOPS, I gues having a website is a bit 'Techie'? :farmer:

There is actually a game and I think it is called Walking the Barn.....  You should look it up and try it some time.

craiglockwood

• Joined May 2009
  • South Wales
    • Website
« Reply #24 on: March 18, 2011, 11:10:47 pm »
For those interested - The app is now available to download via iTunes: http://itunes.apple.com/app/guide-to-pig-keeping/id417207286?mt=8

Already working on v.2 - so if you have any suggestions let me know. Updates will obviously be free to all.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS