Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Enviromesh - recommended suppliers please  (Read 4679 times)

Fishyhaddock

• Joined Apr 2009
  • aberdeenshire
Enviromesh - recommended suppliers please
« on: March 08, 2011, 09:06:44 pm »
After hours spent squashing caterpillars last year this year is the introduction of enviromesh. Anyone got any good deals recently?  Will be looking at 3 metres wide by 50-70 metres ish. Fishy. :wave:

NorthEssexsmallholding

• Joined Dec 2010
Re: Enviromesh - recommended suppliers please
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2011, 11:23:55 pm »
I've been looking as well, I did see someone who had found a supplier but cant remember where I saw it, google enviromesh bulk, might come up.  I saw on ebay a 20m x 2 metres for £60.

Hermit

• Joined Feb 2010
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2011, 11:16:10 pm »
Agralan are the company that made mine but I got mine from a local scrap store for a tenner, normally cost £80.00! but thats for 2x huge sheets. I have seen smaller enviromesh ready made tunnels in garden shops but they are as expensive as going to the manufacturer and buying a huuuuge sheets You need to keep the mesh off the veg as butterflies can lay eggs through it I use blue water pipe hoops.

Fishyhaddock

• Joined Apr 2009
  • aberdeenshire
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2011, 07:09:55 pm »
Good tip on the hose pipe - just measured the size of the patch today so will get searching and let you know...

Blonde

• Joined Mar 2011
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2011, 11:58:39 pm »
Caterpillars come from flying insects.  I f you use a small mesh /bird netting or small  fish net material with small holes over our vegie patch you should be able to prevent the flying insects coming in a laying their eggs on your vegies.  No CATERPILLARS

Hermit

• Joined Feb 2010
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2011, 07:24:16 am »
But only if the net is not touching the veg, butterflies can lay through enviromesh and others if the veg and net are touching.

Blonde

• Joined Mar 2011
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2011, 01:05:53 pm »
You need to put a frame round your vegie patch just high enough for you to walk in underneath. Makeit out of wood or put a tent frame up and throw your mesh over that and down to the groud.

violet

• Joined Jul 2009
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2011, 12:11:15 pm »
LBS are the best deal I have found if you want to buy large quantities.

http://www.lbsgardenwarehouse.co.uk

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS