Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Best & Worst Xmas Presents ?  (Read 4944 times)

HappyHippy

Best & Worst Xmas Presents ?
« on: December 28, 2008, 03:05:43 pm »
In this years pressies which was your best, worst, most inappropriate, amusing or otherwise pressie and why ?

I'll start you off:

My best was a set of false eyelashes (on account of the fact that mine are short and stubby and I've always wanted superstar lashes !)

Worst was a tub of anti-wrinkle cream (I'm only 31 - are they trying to tell me something !)

Most inappropriate was a pair of pyjamas 4 sizes too small - I might have had a chance of fitting them if I wasn't 6 months pregnant lol!

And the most amusing was a remote contolled helecopter that I got for hubby - great fun and amusement has been had watching him 'buzz' the parrot and dog.
He-he-he !

So come on everyone - spill the beans !

Happy New Year to you all when it comes

Karen  :pig:
xxx

pigsatlesrues

• Joined Oct 2008
  • Normandy, France
Re: Best & Worst Xmas Presents ?
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2008, 03:56:14 pm »
Best pressy - a pair of microwave slippers!  Yes you read it  right.  The soles unzip to reveal two quite heavy inner soles that can be microwaved to heat them up and then zipped back in to warm up cold feet. 

I too had some anti wrinkle cream - was it the worst present to receive?  Well it smells nice, but like Karen says, what are they trying to tell us!!!

I am a little older than Karen; a 'young' Nanna to two beautiful grandsons, but still no wrinkles!  Perhaps I have my trusted Olay to thank for that though - for senstive skin of course!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR ALL!!!

Kate   ;)

Bonjour et avoir un bon jour !

Fluffywelshsheep

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Near Stirling, Central Scotland
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2008, 07:10:12 pm »
lol I got some Nivea young skin routine cream am not sure if it was a complement but am only 28 !!!!lol
Also got lots of smellies stuff including some Very strong lavendar perfume (mmmm not good if you have asthma)
Best present a little ladybird massager from a secret Santa i was in) it has a round body (fits in your hand)and four legs that 'walk' on your back etc.
Linz

sabrina

• Joined Nov 2008
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2009, 01:13:23 pm »
Best present was a new wedding ring from my OH as my old one got damaged a couple of years ago when my finger got trapped under a slab. As for the worse, well my friend gave me a pair of PJ's a size bigger than i wear so she must think I am fat  ::)

Happy New Year.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2009, 02:34:18 pm »
I thought my worst pressie was a roll of garden wire and a pair of knee pads - principally because I can't kneel down any more due to car crash injuries, but the secret Santa wouldn't have known that. ;)

My best pressies were from my sister and my daughter - Estee Lauder perfume from my sister - I gave her Estee Lauder make up (Spooky) and Oscar from my daughter - just the day after I had thrown out the last empty bottle!(also Spooky)
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

sandy

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2009, 06:00:39 pm »
We were all a bit broke this year but definately my best present was to be with two of my three daughters and thier families, hearing my youngest Grandson, 15 mths keep smiling and saying Hallooo!! to me, very cute and going onto Skype and seeing and speaking with my eldest  daughter and her family in Austrailia even though she had her computer set funny so she sounded like a little bird, the worst, well, I also spent a LOT of time with my Ex Husband, been divorced 15 years and he still kept reminding me of past times and he told me all his problems!!! well he did try I suppose and it made me glad I got out when I did and at least have had 15 years of a very happy relationship!!!
Sandy

greenfingers

• Joined Jul 2008
  • Grange by Keith, Banffshire
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2009, 08:46:45 pm »
I did not receive any bad presents, money was in short supply this year for everyone. I got the River cottage diary, a gardeners hand book, and welly boot liners, a couple of dvd's girlie ones, which suit me just fine.
I hope everyone had a good christmas and new year, my christmas was quite as i was working, but my parents, sisiter and partner and auntie came up for 3 days at new year, which was brilliant, we had such fun and I miss them terribly as they all live in Kent 700 miles away and 11 hours driving.
Elaine

Always look on the bright side of life, de dum, de dum de dum, de dum!!

Rhyan & Melissa

• Joined Dec 2008
  • Lincolnshire
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2009, 08:55:48 am »
Best present by far was a new gun - HW97, very nice. Watch out my crop eating little friends! I was also super amazingly lucky and didn't receive any bad presents. Good books, a new axe (everyone needs an axe to grind!), all perfect!

My worst present?

Flu from my wife...........

It was our first Xmas together with the family (Me n Mel usually sod off anywhere but here at Xmas!). We have been renovating the house and finished it at 3am Christmas morning. Family arrived at 11am and from there on in it all got a bit hazy!!!!! :P

Rhyan & Melissa

Pea Pod Burgundy Ltd

Blog:      www.peapodburgundy.blogspot.com/
Twitter:   www.twitter.com/peapodburgundy
Web:      www.peapodburgundy.co.uk

You can also find us on Facebook and Myspace!

lordlonk

• Joined Jan 2009
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2009, 01:48:24 pm »
best was a all exspenses paid day out to the dales - a nice meal at my favourite pub just outside appersett - a very olde pub where robin hood prince of thieves  had a scene shot in the waterfalls behind the pub - a trip to the deli at hawes where i can fill my freezer - well i hope - and a whole  day not having to drive -just stopping the german shepherd  wanting toplay with the sheep ;D

didnt have a worst this year - normally socks -but we all need socks  ;D

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS