Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Badgers & Chooks  (Read 6155 times)

daddymatty82

• Joined Aug 2010
  • swindon
Re: Badgers & Chooks
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2011, 06:09:35 pm »
daddy don't do that. i think the poster got the impression that you would aim to run them down.
yes i think they got that impression also just narked me off a little when i read the post. i gone offline and cooled down a bit and got narked off with something else now. so sorry for that post people

Hardfeather

« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2011, 06:31:27 pm »
so sorry for that post people

You can delete your own posts if it really worries you. ;)

daddymatty82

• Joined Aug 2010
  • swindon
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2011, 06:32:53 pm »
nothing worries me (much)

faith0504

• Joined Aug 2010
  • Cairngorms
  • take it easy and chill
    • blaemuir cottage
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2011, 07:46:55 pm »
we all have bad days matty  :wave:

Hermit

• Joined Feb 2010
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2011, 10:29:47 pm »
We dont have badgers or foxes just polecats. My OH went to a badly sighted ladies house today and was shocked to see a large white creature asleep on her step. When asked what the hell was that doing there , no wonder she cant keep a chook alive more than a few days. When he explained it was a huge wild dog ferret/polecat x she replied she thought it was a stray cat and she had been feeing it.!!!!

shetlandpaul

• Joined Oct 2008
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2011, 09:53:21 am »
how sweet. unitll the eat your birds. but the are very cute in there winter coat.

sabrina

• Joined Nov 2008
« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2011, 12:53:37 pm »
Badgers are protected around us, heavy fine if you hurt them. I hate the things as they dig holes all over my hill field looking for bumble bees who nest in the ground. I walk the field every morning filling in any holes that could cause the ponies a problem. I caught 2 in my fox trap and what a job I had setting them free, I was told years ago if you come accross one run over do not move it, if not dead they will fight until they are.

jacob and Georgina

• Joined May 2010
« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2011, 06:25:29 pm »
well i think we have got rid of our badger now! read an article that one way of keeping Fox's and badgers away from the house is to urinate around the perimeter of the land the scent is supposed to keep them away! i did it for the last three nights and not seen or heard him since, could just be coincidence but was worth a try! sounds disgusting but would do anything to keep them away!!

ambriel

• Joined Jan 2011
  • Kinlochbervie, NW Sutherland, Scotland
  • Mad, bad, and dangerous to know!
    • Harbour Cottage
« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2011, 06:49:24 pm »

I wonder what the neighbours thought to that? :)

Hermit

• Joined Feb 2010
« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2011, 06:49:51 pm »
Hanging a pair of tights filled with human hair supposed to have the same effect.

faith0504

• Joined Aug 2010
  • Cairngorms
  • take it easy and chill
    • blaemuir cottage
« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2011, 07:21:30 pm »
only meant to be male urine that works, good on you, fingers crossed badger stays away for you  :wave:

jacob and Georgina

• Joined May 2010
« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2011, 08:03:27 pm »
well went out at night, so hopefully nobody in the old peoples home next door saw, might have been quite a shock!! ;D ;D i think anything with the smell of us on it could work??

Beewyched

• Joined Feb 2011
  • South Wales
    • tunkeyherd.co.uk
« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2011, 08:13:02 pm »
Think I saw something about human hair & male pee that HFW did to keep foxes away too  ;D
Tunkey Herd - registered Kune Kune & rare breed poultry - www.tunkeyherdkunekune.com

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS