Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Wanted - Orphan lambs  (Read 2255 times)

TheCaptain

• Joined May 2010
Wanted - Orphan lambs
« on: March 03, 2011, 01:57:09 pm »
Alright guys,

further to the other thread, thought I should start up my own with a bit more explanation-  Mrs. Captain is starting going into schools to provide education on diffferent types of animals and creatures ranging from exotic to household to farm yard.  Particularly with the farm yard animals she aims to help educate kids where food actually comes from!!!  Orphan lambs will be a welcome addition to the 'flock' and will go onto run with the rest of my Portland sheep once they're all grown up.

We're in North Dorset but will travel to collect!

Regards,

Captain

ellisr

• Joined Sep 2009
  • Wales
Re: Wanted - Orphan lambs
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2011, 04:50:14 pm »
That is fantastic a lot more people need education on where our food comes from. I would love to help but unfortunately I need every penny this year from my lambs maybe my luck will change and I can help next year.

Frieslandfilly

• Joined Apr 2009
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2011, 09:06:27 am »
Hi, I have a tel no for the place we get ours from it is near Cheltenham so not sure how far from you, they have hundreds of sheep and so, many orphans, although they dont start lambing until April, pm me if you want the number
They are Romney cross we have had them for the last few years, always turn out well
Dawn

horsemadmummy

• Joined Feb 2010
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2011, 08:03:29 pm »
we are near okehampton I know of farm which may have some tame lambs if you are not fussed about breed know they are not keen on bottle feeding as last year had 100 to do!  ask 12 each

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS