Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Looking for fancy traditional chicken house  (Read 1375 times)

Fieldfare

• Joined Feb 2011
Looking for fancy traditional chicken house
« on: February 25, 2011, 04:39:55 pm »
Hi all- I'm looking for one of those really pretty traditional chicken houses (40 bird sort of job) a bit like the Forsham Orchard- http://www.forshamcottagearks.com/poultry-housing/Orchard-chicken-house.html

I don't suppose anyone knows of manufacturer of similoar houses? (I can't afford the price tag of the Forsham Orchard).

Thanks

Buffy the eggs layer

• Joined Jun 2010
Re: Looking for fancy traditional chicken house
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2011, 05:08:49 pm »
Mmmmn,

I think you might find that you get what you pay for with poultry housing even though some of the handmade ones do seem expensive. The auction at Murton sells similar types of timber housing at the farm machinery sales but I dont know what prices they fetch or wether the people who make them do one which really will accomodate 40 birds.

Im asuming that they would free range as the size of the run which would comfortably house 40 birds would cost quite a sum in wood and netting. On that basis a cheap option could be to buy a tongue and grove shed from somewhere like garden buildings direct and fit the perches and nest boxes yourself.

Buffy

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS