Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Bluebells  (Read 2231 times)

Cinderhills

• Joined Jul 2010
  • North Yorkshire
Bluebells
« on: February 22, 2011, 09:59:24 am »
I planted bluebell bulbs last autumn and was wondering if anyone knew when they might start to poke through?  It's just that my allium bulbs which I also planted have shoots and green leaves yet they aren't due to flower until summer.

Mo

• Joined Jun 2010
  • Yorkshire
    • A Small Holding
Re: Bluebells
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2011, 11:16:38 am »
Ours are through already.

seldomseen

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Crimea
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2011, 12:09:41 pm »
ours are poking their heads up, but then they have been like that for about 1 month now, and we still have the chance of minus 25 yet and yup them there blue bells know that lol

smallholder in the city

• Joined Jul 2010
  • Lincolnshire
    • HootersHall
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2011, 07:10:51 pm »
Mine are just peeking through. Most of my snowdrops only appeared a week ago and there are loads now so don't give up hope plenty of time before their official flowering period April - June 

Cinderhills

• Joined Jul 2010
  • North Yorkshire
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2011, 10:44:10 pm »
Thanks everyone.  I had another look today and lo and behold, I saw tiny shoots.  They were covered by leaves, plus I was looking in slightly the wrong place in one area.  Silly me.   

smallholder in the city

• Joined Jul 2010
  • Lincolnshire
    • HootersHall
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2011, 03:51:29 pm »
Glad it's not just me who looks in the wrong place although it can lead to a pleasant suprise when you forget you've planted some 

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS