Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Ouessant sheep for sale  (Read 11603 times)

contraflow

• Joined Feb 2011
Ouessant sheep for sale
« on: February 18, 2011, 06:53:45 pm »
oussant sheep black and brown/caramel, ewes, lambs, rams and castrated males, small starter herds or small groups for large gardens available, various ages, lovely horned males.
well bred, vaccinated, regularly treated for parasites, microchipped and regsitered with Ouessant Society.
sorry we will not sell individual animals as these sheep need friends.
If you would like to know more please email furryfriends2005@hotmail.co.uk or call julie 07703277603

woollyval

• Joined Feb 2008
  • Near Bodmin, Cornwall
    • Val Grainger
    • Facebook
Re: Ouessant sheep for sale
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2011, 07:48:39 pm »
Hello
I assume by microchipped you mean ear tagged? Microchips under the skin are not permitted! Can you post pictures of the sheep you describe as caramel? Are they caramel right down to the skin? Are their faces and legs light brown too?
What prices are you looking for and also what heights are your ewes?
I keep Ouessants and have 20 of them so am interested in your ewe lines, especially any brown/caramels. Can you let us know what  bloodlines they are and also if they have any white parentage as most of mine are white. I also have grey genetics in mine and a grey ram. Also do they have neck tassels as all of mine are tassel free.

Many thanks
www.valgrainger.co.uk

Overall winner of the Devon Environmental Business Awards 2009

contraflow

• Joined Feb 2011
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2011, 02:29:01 pm »
Hello The Ouessant are ear tagged and microchipped, after speaking with Defra, the ouessant society, the Microchip registration companies and several vets some time ago, it is permitted to microchip any pet animal not used in the food chain, for stock management use.
They are uniform in colour, the heard is related to the original Cammall herd imported by James Graham, they have no white parentage that we are aware of, I believe neck tassels are a breed characteristic.

woollyval

• Joined Feb 2008
  • Near Bodmin, Cornwall
    • Val Grainger
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2011, 03:45:46 pm »
Thanks for the reply....
Just checking ...they have chipped tags like we all use now (yellow EID) and not chipped under the skin?
All sheep can enter the food chain and we eat our surplus castrated males and also any infertile ewes just like other sheep....so that is why they mist have EID tags
Still unclear re caramel....are they the same as James Grahams on his website?
Neck tassels are a fault as described by GEMO who are the french breed society
Will try and phone

www.valgrainger.co.uk

Overall winner of the Devon Environmental Business Awards 2009

Cazzie

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Herefordshire
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2011, 03:31:43 pm »
Hi contraflow  :)
Any chance of posting some photo's?
Regards
Herefordshire Ouessants
www.ouessantsheep.co.uk
U.K. Registered flock

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS