Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Tired out  (Read 2086 times)

The Woodsiders

• Joined Aug 2011
  • Near Horley in Surrey
Tired out
« on: February 18, 2011, 09:08:19 pm »
I am totally tired out, my lovely wife broke her arm last week so I have had to take over I did not realise how much she did for me, now I have to do it for her, spoiling her rotten, I let her have the remote control until 6.30 every day and put the ironing board up for her as she really struggles with that but she has got the hang of opening the beer can although she spills it when its poured.

(not written seriously, I am DEFINITELY not an MCP) and really feel sorry for her in her current pedicament

Hermit

• Joined Feb 2010
Re: Tired out
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2011, 10:08:55 pm »
She can use her other arm to iron! Sorry I am a woman but dont do sympathy and dont expect any. Hope she gets better soon and things are back to normal with you ironing and I drink straight from the can so no spilling! ;)

Eastling

• Joined Oct 2010
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2011, 10:58:57 pm »
I bet if the boot were on the other foot it would be a different story!! :D
Labradors leave foot prints on your heart as well as your clothes

BlueDaisy

• Joined Aug 2010
  • Grow your own - veg and chooks!
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2011, 08:05:57 am »
Ironing? What's that then!? ??? :P ;D

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2011, 08:22:57 am »
I am totally tired out, my lovely wife broke her arm last week so I have had to take over I did not realise how much she did for me, now I have to do it for her, spoiling her rotten, I let her have the remote control until 6.30 every day and put the ironing board up for her as she really struggles with that but she has got the hang of opening the beer can although she spills it when its poured.

(not written seriously, I am DEFINITELY not an MCP) and really feel sorry for her in her current pedicament

;D  oh that made me smile!! This is why I had to have homebirths, so that I could continue as normal and cater for the household LOL.
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

dyedinthewool

• Joined Jul 2010
  • Orpingtons and assorted Sheep
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2011, 07:31:29 pm »
When I was rushed into Hospital a few years ago my OH had to fend for his-self...he had to first find the cookery book and then read how to boil potatoes  ::) ::)

He's a little more educated now ;D ;D

MEN how we love them :-* :-*

Hope your wife gets better soon as I expect the 'spoiling rotten' will wear off quite quickly ;)
You are never to old to learn something new

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2011, 09:45:26 am »
My friend was in hospital recovering from a brain operation all along the ward were husbands bringing in flowers, chocolates, bottles of squash and even lucozade (it was a long time ago).  Her husband came in bringing

the Access Bill, electricity bill, gas bill and rates bill ..... he had no idea how to write a cheque.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS