Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Must be getting Christmassy---Whats Your favorite Christmas film  (Read 5806 times)

greenfingers

• Joined Jul 2008
  • Grange by Keith, Banffshire
Must be getting Christmassy---Whats Your favorite Christmas film
« on: December 09, 2008, 06:50:39 pm »
We have just got the decorations out of the loft and dusted them down.  I recycle the same decs year after year, I have also managed to write a few cards today when I should have been doing the housework, that can now wait till Saturday when I am next off work.
Any one else getting in the Christmas mood ??? ???
My presents may get wrapped on Sunday afternoon whilst watching the Muppets Christmas Carol film on DVD.
It's not Christmas until I watch that film I just love it, it reminds me of the times when my girls were really small and getting really excited.  I'm still just a big kid at heart, but I still miss my girls and it does make me very sad as well. :( But I just love this film it's the best!
Elaine

Always look on the bright side of life, de dum, de dum de dum, de dum!!

sandy

Re: Must be getting Christmassy---Whats Your favorite Christmas film
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2008, 07:00:40 pm »
I am forcing myself to get festive been putting up all the decorations very slowly. This year I am going to stay with my daughters and thier partners and my grand children, I get a bit sad when I think about how much I miss out on them growning up. A family favorite film has to be "It's A Wonderful Life " garenteed to make me and others cry, a classic old film, otherwise I like all of the Lord of the Rings films and the Harry Potter ones.....but otherwise, I am not realy a film person... Happy christmas, Sandy :turkey:

Fluffywelshsheep

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Near Stirling, Central Scotland
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2008, 07:28:03 pm »
MMMM Miracle on 34th street!!!
Hubby is being a TOTAL kid at the moment and he is more excited the T at the moment, I have no idea why because he never wants any presents from anyone. He bought some outdoor light today to put on the front trees and we will be getting the deccy down from the loft tomorrow. T already has his tree in his room as it was a condition, he was supper good last week.

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2008, 08:10:12 pm »
I love Christmas - it's our wedding anniversary on Sunday (7 years and folk said it wouldn't last!) so the decorations won't be going up until after that. I've sent cards though and bought pressies but no wrapped any yet. Actually, must get out the cats' advent calendars (?) even a bit late.

Favourite Christmas films - Muppet Christmas Carol definitely, Home Alone. I've never seen Miracle on 34th Street - it's on this week, I think. Anything "feel good" and a bit soppy.

Fluffywelshsheep

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Near Stirling, Central Scotland
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2008, 08:20:30 pm »
OOOOOHHHHH don't forget a Christmas Carole !!!! and althought different takes on it toooo, My Husband loves the original Version to bits !!!!!

sandy

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2008, 08:39:38 pm »
Forgot that, I love Christmas Carole, (think I know the descendants of scruge)As a child I loved to see the Christmas morning TV programme that came from the Hospital, not realy sure why but I liked to see the cildren and what presents they got, does anyone remember that? I remember one Christmas when I was working Christmas day in a residental unit, I got home in the late afternoon with my dinner ready (not christmas dinner as I was cooking it for everyone the next day) my partner run a nice hot bath with candels all around and put on Motzarets requium very loudly for me to hear in the bath and bought me a large glass of WHiskey....BLISSSSSSSS

Scooby

• Joined Oct 2007
  • In between worlds!
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2008, 08:45:13 pm »
Oh yeah Muppet Christmas Carol is such a good Christmas movie... and for when I'm feeling all soppy Love Actually does it every time!  ;)
A hug is for life, NOT just for Christmas!

pigsatlesrues

• Joined Oct 2008
  • Normandy, France
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2008, 09:29:29 pm »
I love Miracle on 34th Street as well. It was showing on the telly on Sunday, it was great!
It was the Richard Attenborough one, but I do like the old version as well. Christmas telly is the best, I am just like a kid and in the UK I used to try to watch all of them.  Here in France no time I am afraid, but I did catch my fave on Sunday, so I am happy.! 

I also love those 'do over again' type films when they wake up and do the week differently.  They are always at Christmas and the stories always have a happy ending. Just love it!!

Kate  :pig:
Bonjour et avoir un bon jour !

garden cottage

• Joined Sep 2008
  • forest of dean
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2008, 09:41:44 pm »
after much harassment and pressure from kids and oh have given in and bought a 'real' christmas tree this year, heard on the radio that prices were much higher this year so we sought out a local word of mouth source and was pleasantly suprised to pay £8.50 for 6 1/2 ft tree which just squeezed into the people carrier. kids all very excited, lounge smells very nice with pine resin aroma. my jack russell doesnt think much of it and has stayed in front of the woodburner in her spot. anyway merry christmas to you all.......................neil

Carolinajim

• Joined Dec 2008
  • Eastern North Carolina, USA
    • Red Bay Farm
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2008, 11:58:51 pm »
I fall for "It's a wonderful life" every time.  One of the few movies I can watch from beginning to end in a single setting. 
Best Regards,
Jim
www.redbayfarm.com a website about a small 46 acre family owned tree farm
Become Carbon Neutral - Buy Land and Plant Trees

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2008, 06:11:18 pm »
I would love to have a wood burner instead of this horrid electric thingy - does anyone know if it is possible to have a wood burner when there is no chimney and what it might cost?  I know how much the various stoves cost but can't seem to find anyone local (Clackmannanshire - or anywhere in Central Belt) to ask about the feasibility - sorry a bit off topic, but still Chrismassy I think. ;D
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

garden cottage

• Joined Sep 2008
  • forest of dean
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2008, 07:51:08 pm »
hi annie, yes you can have a woodburner without chimney, the down side is the double wall pipe will have to go up the outside wall up to roof level, outside diameter prob about 8" inches and bright silver the sections you buy this in were very expensive but if you hunt round you can usually get good second hand system.  good luck    neil

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2008, 08:26:18 pm »
Annie, there's a place just opened in Stirling called Stirling Stove Centre. It's at Unit 5, 10 Munro Road, Springkerse Industrial Estate tel 01786 440028. They do wood burners, multifuel. We're going to replace our open fire with a multifuel in the new year so might see you there!

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2008, 09:06:02 pm »
Ooh, super, thanks Rosemary - I'll be off round there tomorrow.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS