Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Sheep for slaughter paperwork?  (Read 5519 times)

Jackie

• Joined Nov 2009
Sheep for slaughter paperwork?
« on: February 14, 2011, 03:55:20 pm »
What paper work is needed to take some lambs less than 1 year old to slaughter please?

egglady

• Joined Jun 2009
Re: Sheep for slaughter paperwork?
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2011, 04:08:19 pm »
i think it's different for scotland and england.

scotland you just need the 3 part form movement papers, the food chain info, and the form your abbatoir will ask you to complete with your details.

i think you also have to fill in a form if you've given any medication but we've never had to do that so far.

Jackie

• Joined Nov 2009
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2011, 04:48:18 pm »
Ah its the same as pigs then :) Thank you.

waterhouse

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2011, 10:56:49 pm »
In England the paperwork doesn't change with the age of the lamb though the tagging requirements can.  Here you need the animal movement form AML1 and the abattoir will ask you to sign a declaration. 

There's two variants of AML1 around, the latest listing all the lambs by Tag ID, except most lambs intended for slaughter within 12 months aren't double tagged.  I guess that applies to Wales too.

OhLaLa

• Joined Sep 2010
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2011, 02:08:57 pm »
Some months back they sent me a glossy leaflet explaining all the electronic ear tagging info, it might be worth asking them to send you one, it gave all the info re ages/tagging/what ear etc.

Depends on where you are of course but: one electronic tag in left ear if lamb going for slaughter, plus the 3 part form movement papers signed, with departure and destination addresses, and tick box for abbatoir.

:sheep:

waterhouse

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2011, 04:51:18 pm »
It's different (and simpler) in England.  Always....

Jackie

• Joined Nov 2009
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2011, 06:57:21 pm »
All done and they went off to slaughter this morning.
As has been said the guys at the slaughter house filled the rest of the paperwork in IE the tag numbers from the individual sheep :)

We pick up our first lamb tomorrow so its a roast all round :)

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS