Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: smallholding opportunty  (Read 2543 times)

gravelly

• Joined Feb 2011
smallholding opportunty
« on: February 13, 2011, 08:40:19 pm »
Not sure where to post this. I'm not totally sure that this forum is even the best place as i would imgagine you are all already smallholders.  If anyone has any suggestions as to where else to advertise fire away.  I had loads of takers last year when i advertised on the countryside jobs site, but i want someone who's more into production than nature conservation this year.

Smallholding Opportunity
Due to a lack of time, an opportunity has arisen to live and work on a rapidly developing smallholding.  It would probably suit someone thinking of taking the plunge into smallholding, but wants to try it out before making the massive commitment needed.  You would probably save yourself many hard hours and certainly money once you embark on your own.  It would be the equivalent of going on every training day you can find and would be gain the confidence to do pretty much anything.
We carry out all aspects of farming/smallholding throughout the year and it could also be used as a training experience for anyone wishing to enter the rural sector.
The polytunnel, garden,poultry pens and orchard have all started to take second place. 
The deal is this:
You get;
Free accommodation in a high quality caravan, with full bathroom facilities in outbuilding adjacent. Inclusive of all utilities.(March 1st to Nov 1st)
All food provided.
All seed and materials.
All proceeds from surplus produce sold.  Some existing markets established.
Use of 66’x22’ polytunnel, established raised beds, orchard, poultry pen/houses and other plots. 
All organic dung (unlimited)
All tools and machinery required.
Assistance for heavy work.
Guidance if not experienced.
The opportunity to learn every aspect of rural living apart from horses. 
We get:
1/3 of all produce.
10 hours/week from you to help with the conservation grazing.
You will need:
To be able to spend the vast majority of your time here.
Enthusiasm and lots of it.
Energy.
The ability to cope with rural living.
A clean driving license would be a real advantage.
Please contact Robin by email only woodcut.robin@tesco.net.  Please include a brief summary of your interest and background.  I will endeavour to answer all enquiries. gravellygrazing.co.uk.

Pel

• Joined Mar 2009
Re: smallholding opportunty
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2011, 09:17:18 pm »
Have you tried HelpX site and be a host for someone, they are aimed at farming as well as all other general work. I have a friend out in Spain at the moment with a helpx host and she was picking veg, cooking and preserving it as well as helping maintain polytunnels and looking after the baby once or twice a week.

I couldn't see where abouts you are?
Love pigs; their language, intelligence, and taste.
NPTC in chainsaws (felling small trees) and HND in Agriculture with countryside management.
Farming it runs through the blood :D

gravelly

• Joined Feb 2011
Re: smallholding opportunty
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2011, 09:20:47 pm »
Good point. Right in the heart of the Chilterns.  Thanks for tip.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS