Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Wanted - Smallholding sitter  (Read 12688 times)

Pel

• Joined Mar 2009
Re: Wanted - Smallholding sitter
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2011, 09:25:28 pm »
We may be able to come up to you, but silver swan lives in Scotland, so she might be a better choice, if not give me an email and we can always discuss a bit more. The OH wants to get a job up in St Andrews Uni in the next couple of years, especially if this Uni doesn't offer him one next August (2012), so we might be nearer then, plus I think the OH should probably look at the area before he goes there.
Love pigs; their language, intelligence, and taste.
NPTC in chainsaws (felling small trees) and HND in Agriculture with countryside management.
Farming it runs through the blood :D

geebee

• Joined Aug 2010
  • N,E.Fife
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2011, 10:33:33 pm »
I'm in Fife so probably not right for you if you're trying to stay in Wales ;) but thanks for the info. 

Whereabouts in Fife are you and what livestock do you have? Check out my website, I'm near St. Andrews and pm me if you want to discuss some more. Geebee

Pel

• Joined Mar 2009
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2011, 09:13:33 pm »
There we go two scottish sitters, I don't really like treading on other people's territory, I know that isn't very business like, but it means less costs for the client. Hope Geebee or silver swan can help you out.  :)
NPTC in chainsaws (felling small trees) and HND in Agriculture with countryside management.

lachlanandmarcus

• Joined Aug 2010
  • Aberdeenshire
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2011, 12:27:11 pm »
I'm in Fife so probably not right for you if you're trying to stay in Wales ;) but thanks for the info. 

Whereabouts in Fife are you and what livestock do you have? Check out my website, I'm near St. Andrews and pm me if you want to discuss some more. Geebee

Hi geebee, your link on your profile to your website has a spelling mistake (missing letter in andrews) so it wont go to the website
for anyone wanting geebees website heres it with the correct link
http://www.petcareofstandrews.net/

geebee

• Joined Aug 2010
  • N,E.Fife
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2011, 10:27:57 pm »

Hi geebee, your link on your profile to your website has a spelling mistake (missing letter in andrews) so it wont go to the website

for anyone wanting geebees website heres it with the correct link
http://www.petcareofstandrews.net/
Thanks for pointing that out, I will change it ...once I remember my password!  It is correct in my 'signature' though.

ellied

• Joined Sep 2010
  • Fife
    • Facebook
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2011, 10:15:29 am »
Sorry I don't want to hijack someone else's thread - Nina hope you're sorted?

I no longer have a day job so unfortunately I can't afford the kind of daily prices quoted not to mention mileage if we're talking 30-40 mins drive each way twice a day :o

There is someone 4 miles away who comes in twice a day to feed cats and lock them in/let them out.  She will count pony heads on the daylight visit and do her best in an emergency but her confidence with ponies is low and she hasn't time to do things like the hay delivery or water veg beds so she's great for a weekend and only charges me £5 a day so £10 for the weekend as she's so local and passes by regularly anyway.  I was just wondering about a longer absence of a week or more as I don't think she'd want to take it on nor would I be that confident to leave her..

Anyway, that answers that question so thanks, worth knowing.

Barleyfields Smallholding & Kirkcarrion Highland Ponies
https://www.facebook.com/kirkcarrionhighlands/
Ellie Douglas Therapist
https://www.facebook.com/Ellie-Douglas-Therapist-124792904635278/

Pel

• Joined Mar 2009
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2011, 11:28:12 am »
Pm'd you Ellied

Emailed you Nina.

silver swan

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Scotland
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2011, 01:18:57 pm »
Hi Ellied,

Where are you exactly. If you PM me with a list of what/who needs looking after and what you think is a reasonable rate, also any dates in mind, I'll get back to you.

OK?

Cheers   :wave:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS