Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Aldi have a selection of fruit trees in this week  (Read 10044 times)

Slavo

• Joined Sep 2010
Aldi have a selection of fruit trees in this week
« on: February 08, 2011, 04:04:32 pm »
For less than a fiver each. I believe it is from Thursday but do check their website.

Hope this helps some of you looking.

John

BlueDaisy

• Joined Aug 2010
  • Grow your own - veg and chooks!
Re: Aldi have a selection of fruit trees in this week
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2011, 11:29:10 am »
Thanks for that John. :)
Was down there this morning - good looking trees for the price and a good selection.
I came away with 2 types of eating apple, 2 cherries, and a peach! Think I'm going to have to keep them in the greenhouse for now.

I also got 3 x 6 herb plug packs - early I know but I couldn't resist, and 6 fruit bushes.
All for £30! At least it's a nice day for me to plant everything on ;D

Buffy the eggs layer

• Joined Jun 2010
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2011, 08:40:27 pm »
Thanks for the tip off John,

I called in to the Aldi near work first thing this morning. I got 12 trees as I have a large area that was once an orchard and now only has one apple tree in it. I also noticed the same selection of trees in poundstrecher today but they were £2 dearer.

I now need to ask the fruit experts how to set out an orchard!

Buffy

peteinwilts

• Joined Feb 2011
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2011, 10:36:31 am »

Tesco also have fruit trees for £7

deepinthewoods

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2011, 07:40:33 pm »
i bought a couple of bramleys seedling from aldi last year to train as espaliers, theyve done really well,i didnt let them set fruit for the first year. i bought a couple more last week, a coxs orange pippin and a morello cherry. they also stock a living salad mix for about 60p i split the pack and planted them up theyve taken fine. a nice cheap and easy way to get some early salads in. tescos dont get a penny of my money, they can make do with the 1 in 7 pounds of the british economy they get!! >:(

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2011, 09:33:18 pm »
just to add...

went to focus today - huge tall fruit trees, pot price £9:99. charged at till £8:99  - it was abit tall for my ford fiesta (boot full of groceries) but I curled it in gently! 
bought a Stella cherry, to companion the one I have that did naff all last year!
Little Blue

Beewyched

• Joined Feb 2011
  • South Wales
    • tunkeyherd.co.uk
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2011, 02:53:37 pm »
Morrissons got some small, but healthy looking fruit trees for £5 & some native hedging for £2 at the mo  :wave:
Tunkey Herd - registered Kune Kune & rare breed poultry - www.tunkeyherdkunekune.com

princesspiggy

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2011, 06:18:34 pm »
lidl have got 2 fruit trees for £8, so tempted cos quite thick branch/trunk.

Beewyched

• Joined Feb 2011
  • South Wales
    • tunkeyherd.co.uk
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2011, 06:27:12 pm »
Give it a go PP

All 3 of the crab apples I got from Morrissons for £5 each the other week have braved the weather & are budding-up ok  :wave:
Tunkey Herd - registered Kune Kune & rare breed poultry - www.tunkeyherdkunekune.com

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2011, 06:48:59 pm »
couldnt see any trees at my local-ist Morrisons ...might go back to Focus & see if there's any plum trees :)
Little Blue

Elissian

• Joined Oct 2009
  • Wiltshire
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2011, 03:24:23 pm »
I bought the 2 cherry trees for £8 from Lidl, they seem nice strong tress shouldn't take long to branch out.

ellied

• Joined Sep 2010
  • Fife
    • Facebook
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2011, 08:06:22 am »
The 2 fruit bushes I bought from Homebase aren't happy - the gooseberry had a few leaves on but they're not doing well now planted, and the loganberry or tayberry (forget which it was) lost the few it had and now looks like a dead twig :(

I need a couple more rasps somewhere so could pick up replacements for these but sometimes cheap ones aren't so cheap - or maybe it's just my care ???
Barleyfields Smallholding & Kirkcarrion Highland Ponies
https://www.facebook.com/kirkcarrionhighlands/
Ellie Douglas Therapist
https://www.facebook.com/Ellie-Douglas-Therapist-124792904635278/

northfifeduckling

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Fife
    • North Fife Blog
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2011, 02:33:48 pm »
We had not a bad ratio with the cheap trees, I buy them anywhere, Aldi, Lidl, Morrisons. Usually 1 out of 4 doesn't make it but that could be our soil which gets waterlogged in the winter...Need another dark plum this year. The only grievance was an ornamental crab aple which I know 100% I did not buy!
Ellie, did your shrubs look healthy when you bought them? :&>

Beewyched

• Joined Feb 2011
  • South Wales
    • tunkeyherd.co.uk
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2011, 04:44:45 pm »
Altogether I bought;
1 Whitebeam
3 Rowanberry
4 Crab Apples
2 Willow
1 something with no label
Total spend £34
& they're all getting leaves  ;D

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2011, 07:22:43 pm »
I just got 6 fruit bushes for £4 at poundland - no idea how they'll do but they have shoots already.  The rasps I replanted along the fence I had put up last year haven't sprouted so i think I left them out of the ground too long.  They were a bit too thorny anyway.  Anybody ever killed rasps before ;) ::)
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS