Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Victorian Farm  (Read 2752 times)

silver swan

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Scotland
Victorian Farm
« on: February 08, 2011, 02:56:39 pm »
Those of you who enjoyed the BBC series 'Victorian Farm' may like to know that a new version of Henry Stephens's seminal work, 'Book of the Farm' (edited and abridged by Alex Langlands - one of the Victorian Farm presenters) will be available from March 24th.

On the other hand, you may already know/not be interested in the slightest!!!   ;)   

Sandy

Re: Victorian Farm
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2011, 02:58:15 pm »
 :) Thanks, I loved it but will miss it, I miss everthing I love so end up watching on the computer so not that bad!!

Helencus

• Joined Feb 2010
  • NW Leicestershire
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2011, 10:10:45 pm »
Thanks silver swan I loved the series so that's interesting may get hubby to buy it for me :-)

RUSTYME

• Joined Oct 2009
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2011, 12:30:03 am »
If you don't want to buy the book you can read it online, or download the whole book on PDF  on the link below.
It is the Original book , not the abridged one that Alex Langlands has done.

http://books.google.com/books?id=WxhJAAAAMAAJ&printsec=frontcover&dq=the+book+of+the+farm#v=onepage&q&f=false

cheers

Russ

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2011, 09:22:16 am »
I might buy that for hubby's birthday. we really enjoyed the programme, having bought an old victorian farm which we are 'doing up' whilst struggling to deal with the land  ::)  I swear we are still doing things the same way our former occupants did most days  ;D
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

scattybiker1972

• Joined Dec 2009
  • wirral
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2011, 01:36:24 pm »
what i found absolutly fascinating was the  farmers back then still had to have another income coming in and  it wasnt enough just to run a farm also how  the imports were starting to be a big part of life...nothing much has changed

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS