Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: reg'd sec D  (Read 2391 times)

danndans

• Joined Jan 2008
  • aberystwyth
reg'd sec D
« on: December 02, 2008, 08:42:53 pm »
registered section d mare looking for a new home, shes 5 years old and broken, shes a bit too strong for her current owner, but that doesnt say alot realy, as the 12 year old girl riding her at the mo isnt exactly a strong rider.

for more info on breeding, prices and piks please just ask and i'll pm them to you.

the owner is asking for a very reasonable price for this mare.

Thanks

Dan
« Last Edit: December 03, 2008, 02:54:31 pm by danndans »
Make your words soft and sweet, as one day you may have to eat them.

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
Re: reg'd sec D
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2008, 10:39:18 pm »
I love that - "a bit too strong for her current rider". It's like the estate agent's favourite of "compact and bijou". When I bought my Highland, I was told the same - "he grew a bit to big and strong for his previous owner". After about two months, I found out exactly what she meant! Fortunately, he's a nicer boy now but it's been a slog at times - pedigree was more a reference to his destination than his breeding!

I'm not having a pop, by the way, but the jargon around horse sales (like house sales) is sometimes quite amusing.

I hope your mare gets a good home with someone who can develop a sound relationship with her.

danndans

• Joined Jan 2008
  • aberystwyth
Re: reg'd sec D
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2008, 05:52:01 am »
Basicaly the mare in question was bought on looks alone :o the girl wanted her and the mother said ok dear you can have her :-\ ::)

the child had only ever ridden riding school ponies so when she got out into the real world it was a different kettle of fish!!! 

shes a cracking looking mare but being only 5yo i should imagine she was broke or started then sold on green so not realy a problem at all.

i should imagine the people she was bought of werent quite as honest, shes not a stupid mare by a long shot, and shes not my mare so i've got no reason to big her up! if anyone is interested in her at all i will pm basic details like i said, and then pass on the owners telephone number.

Make your words soft and sweet, as one day you may have to eat them.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS