Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Make a list just in case you loose your marbles!!!  (Read 4813 times)

Sandy

Make a list just in case you loose your marbles!!!
« on: February 03, 2011, 08:41:46 pm »
Just watched the TV and they said very few people know thier parents likes and dislikes and if they for some reason loose thier speech or have dementia for example, know one knows simple things about them. Well I thought it was fun and I am starting by putting mine as I am loosing it fast ;) (mind you my young hubby knows what I like ;) )
Food
Love Salmon, greens of any sort, Sued, apple pie but real I will eat most things, not keen on cold pasta but everything else in abundance.
Love licorice sweets or aniseed of any kind, not a big chocolate fan, and not bothered about ice cream
Music
Well a mix of classicle and prodigy and other stuff but no way middle of the road stuff, I would throw a wobbly if I got middle of the road stuff all day!
Film
Lord of the rings, errrrrrrrrrr fun films like meet the paents etc and travel stuff
TV
House programmes such as Location, grand designs, etc etc, Shameless and travel olike Micheal Pailin
Do not like any form of sloppy stuff, tripe is horrid, those romantic novels and songs that break your heart.......
So????? whats yours???

Do not like sloppy food or music and cannot spell!!!!
« Last Edit: February 03, 2011, 08:51:04 pm by Sandy »

RUSTYME

• Joined Oct 2009
Re: Make a list just in case you loose your marbles!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2011, 08:55:05 pm »
I couldn't put a happy reply to this , as if I was to lose my marbles ....IF ?  ::) ::) ::) I wouldn't want to carry on ..full stop ... I have told my nephew that if that happens to me , just give me a big box of end it now pills .
He works in a care home as does his wife , her sister and mother and my sister , so I get to hear about all that goes on in there ... no thanks !!! not for me ... give me the pills please .....sign out ... job done .
 My nephew is of a similar mind to me , and I hope he would be able to do this for me . If he wasn't though , I suppose it wouldn't make any difference to me , as I would be out there in la la land , away with the fairies , so I wouldn't give a flying f**k !!!
So it will be down to me to do it just before I get to bad ... if and when the time comes....or have I missed that time already ?? ...don't answer that  !!!!

cheers

Rustyme

manian

• Joined Sep 2010
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2011, 09:41:56 pm »
Food
Love Salmon, greens of any sort, Sued, apple pie but real I will eat most things, not keen on cold pasta but everything else in abundance.
Love licorice sweets or aniseed of any kind, not a big chocolate fan, and not bothered about ice cream
Music
Well a mix of classicle and prodigy and other stuff but no way middle of the road stuff, I would throw a wobbly if I got middle of the road stuff all day!
Film
Lord of the rings, errrrrrrrrrr fun films like meet the paents etc and travel stuff
TV
House programmes such as Location, grand designs, etc etc, Shameless and travel olike Micheal Pailin
Do not like any form of sloppy stuff, tripe is horrid, those romantic novels and songs that break your heart.......
So????? whats yours???

Do not like sloppy food or music and cannot spell!!!!

OMG I was reading this sandy and your taste is similar and as cacclectic         (can't spell either)
what a wonderful person you must be...... ;)

Bright Raven

• Joined May 2010
  • North Shropshire
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2011, 09:44:24 pm »
Perhaps if we could all try to consume less aspartame and fluoride we might be in with a chance of retaining our marbles for a bit longer. Failing that I am in the shoot me now and use me for compost club!
Julia xxx 3 acres and a day job!!!! Chickens, Turkeys, Sheep, Pigs, Veggies and Homebrew. Husband, son, pets, chutney and music.
If I am here it's because I am putting my feet up!

Sandy

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2011, 09:56:30 pm »
I hope not to loose mine at all and have noticed those who do seem to live longer, they can do the things they always wanted to do without worry, e.g, steal stuff, pinch bums, walk around with your pants ontop of your dress, talk rubbish etc etc. Not sure what a
cacclectic
is, but YES, thats me, ( I am Catholic) I also love life and films like Trainspotting, fear and loathing, Kevin and Perry go large as well as wonderful world, gone with the wind etc. I am a strange example of an old women and RUSY!!!!!!! you will be just as valued, I had a dream one day that I was on a life support and people wanted to turn me off,,,,,,,,,,,DON'T!!!!!!!!!!!! Life is preciouse no matter how crap it is, ts just different so enjoy!!!!!!!!! Oh, I LOVE Whiskey!!!! (not got any at the mo in case you wondered)

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2011, 10:55:32 pm »
And if you think I'm going to buy you another bottle of that expensive stuff to gulp down, you have another think coming - AND it's WHISKY!!!! ::) ::) ::) ;D

So anyway,  I like a lot of the things Sandy does
Younger men for a start  ;)
Food
Love Salmon, hate greens, hate Suet, love apple pie.
Sweets
Love licorice sweets or aniseed of any kind, but I DO love chocolate, and I adore ice cream
Music
Pretty well anything goes
Film
Don't like films - except Mamma Mia - that was ace.
TV
House programmes such as Location, grand designs, etc etc, Don't like anything much else
And if anyone tries to put me in  home my dogs will get you!
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Sandy

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2011, 11:02:20 pm »
 ;D Thats where the younger man comes in handy, DOn't put me in for s BINGO game either!!!

Sandy

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2011, 11:05:44 pm »
Love woodland, my best friend as a teenager was Velta, my first doga mongral (weren't they all mongrals then?) Patch, had a cat called smokey, she was grey but went up the chimney and thats the last I saw of her, love FOrest and woodland, just love trees and the wind and rain but not keen on heat or beaches, love strong coffee and like  toffee!!!!!! Mum used to make her own and it was nice!!!!!!!!!

ellied

• Joined Sep 2010
  • Fife
    • Facebook
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2011, 12:03:31 pm »
I wrote my funeral wishes a few years ago when I was 40, just because I reckon there will be nobody around to know - regardless of my state of mind at the time ::)

As for the rest, I reckon if they respect that I am vegetarian and allergic to mushrooms/fungus (includes quorn and blue cheese but strangely not penicillin as a drug ??? ) then they can put me in front of a TV and play most kinds of music and I'd probably manage or not know I wasn't happy ::)

For the record, in case I know any of you better by that point ;) I have asked for a non-religious but non-humanist/atheist ceremony to be run by a named friend who has agreed in principle (tho only a few years younger so I may need a substitute ;) ) I want a cotton shroud or at most a willow or rowan casket and a woodland burial, preferably on my land if I own any by then, or within sight of Ben Ledi if that is feasible.  I have also asked that any friends/family who remain at the time, gather around a fire and each one tells one story of their relationship with, or experience of me, something that shares aspects of my very varied life with others who may not know that part of me.  If it was legal I'd make the fire a funeral pyre up on a cliff top but it isn't at present, so have suggested they make the fire of silver birch and either walk or dance on it once they're done with the stories.  Or stand and support if they don't fancy that ;D

I constantly discover new TV and films and music so I'm open to most things, but if Lucinda Drayton is still able to sing and remembers me then she'd be my first choice as I love her voice above most.

I've also got a draft "will" tho it isn't formalised as I keep changing bits - legally it all goes to my sister but she's 6 years older and no experience with animals or smallholding so I've had to make some recommendations ;)

Meantime I enjoy House, CSI:NY, Strictly Come Dancing, films with a twist but not too much violence, historical dramas and a wide range of things I can engage with.  I loathe comedy shows, particularly the canned kind, soaps and daytime trash shows of the Springer/Kyle type :(

Music: some classical, some rock, some folk, some spiritual, some R&B, some jazz, some choral..even some pop :o but not all that falls under those labels by any means :o

Younger men - would theoretically be a luxury, but I don't have one of any age to comment on ::)

Food/sweets - love broccoli, pineapple, apples, baked tatties with cheese, but also a bit of a carb addict  :-[  Don't drink much but a small G&T without ice would be nice :)  Prefer salted popcorn to sweet and pringles to sweets but do overdo the chocolate on occasion, despite being good more often now :)

Actually most folk think I lost my marbles in the last 2 years anyway and they may have a valid point but maybe it's me who has come to their senses and the rest of society that's believing the illusions ;D
Barleyfields Smallholding & Kirkcarrion Highland Ponies
https://www.facebook.com/kirkcarrionhighlands/
Ellie Douglas Therapist
https://www.facebook.com/Ellie-Douglas-Therapist-124792904635278/

morri2

• Joined Jun 2008
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2011, 12:29:11 pm »
Thing is, if you loose your marbles, are you going to actually CARE what you are eating/watching/doing anyway!? And are you going to remember what you did enjoy when you were sane (ish) ?  ;) :D

Sandy

« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2011, 12:40:51 pm »
I love the idea of a no fuss woodland funeral, I would probably have my ashes scattered, half in Scotland and half in Leicestershire!!!! No way am I going to let people I leave behind spend thier share of any money on my funeral, simple and cheap, just like me!!!

robert waddell

« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2011, 12:53:41 pm »
ELLIED   this is the other half writing this          my father used to say they will either bury me for the love or bury me for the smell
only last Thursday we  attended our  first humanist funeral and thought it was not to bad now having been baptised in the church of Scotland (mother and father were religious) i had an idea that i get a priest to conduct the ceremony(in the course of my work i met a priest that was in my view switched on to my way of thinking) now Lillian wants to be buried in the wood grave dug with the digger (19ft deep no chance of getting back out)
as to the marbles i have always been a rebel without a cause losing my mind i don't think affects the person that is losing it now blindness that is something i just could not cope with
i also had an idea for the ashes to split in two half at a particular spot and the other half on some exotic beach
« Last Edit: February 04, 2011, 12:57:31 pm by lillian waddell »

shep53

• Joined Jan 2011
  • Dumfries & Galloway
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2011, 09:31:36 pm »
For the moment i know where my marbles are there on top of the wardrobe in a bag ;D. I read that old shepherds were buried with a hank of wool so that when they got to heaven god would under stand and forgive working on the sabbeth, nice thought.

Sandy

« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2011, 09:53:08 pm »
 ;D

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS