Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: goats seasonal need for billy  (Read 3206 times)

johnmaddox

• Joined Nov 2008
goats seasonal need for billy
« on: November 20, 2008, 08:25:56 pm »
 :goat:   anyone in clackmannan area keep goats still?  it used to be reasonably straightforward  to get the use of a billy.  no longer-  folk must have realised what useless creatures goats are- except for killing trees, or poisoning themselves with rhodies.

pigsatlesrues

• Joined Oct 2008
  • Normandy, France
Re: goats seasonal need for billy
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2008, 10:16:25 pm »
It looks like you have got lost somewhere along the line Johnmaddox.  I really don't think this is the forum for you!

Kate  :pig:
Bonjour et avoir un bon jour !

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2008, 08:17:40 am »
John you forgot damaging the roof, running amok amongst the chickens, damaging the straw bales, just running away.   and I could go on ad infinitum.  Are you sure you want a billy????????????

kaz

• Joined Jul 2008
  • Ceredigion
  • Dust yourself off when life throws you down.
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2008, 03:18:22 pm »
Mine jump on the duck houses , bite your bum when shearing them (Angoras) and basically are undisciplined kids, but you would miss them if they went. ;D :goat:
Penybont Ryelands. Ystwyth Coloured Ryelands.  2 alpacas, 2 angora goats, 2 anglo nubian kids, 3golden retrievers a collie and a red fox labrador retriever, geese, ducks & chickens.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2008, 03:21:34 pm »
Sounds like the same temperament as my Brittanys (French dogs) - where can I get one in Clacks or nearby!   ;)
Are they REALLY not of any use for anything? And do rhoddies really kill them?
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2008, 03:46:01 pm »
I was going to say yes to both questions, then again, we used to have a lovely goat in UK, whose only fault was climbing the fences to eat neighbour's prized flowers.  She kept the hedges trimmed, controlled the chickens by standing in front of their exit so they were stuck in until someone rescued them, controlled the children, (only this time she would stand by the kitchen door to stop them).  She also raided the post box and ate the vat return, and try telling the vat man that one.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS