Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Honda foutrax how do I know what model?  (Read 3380 times)

Helencus

• Joined Feb 2010
  • NW Leicestershire
Honda foutrax how do I know what model?
« on: January 23, 2011, 10:19:13 pm »
Hi I have a Honda fourtrax atv bought from eBay last year that needs the steering looking at.. Trouble is no idea what model. My dad said he can look at it but could do with the manual but no idea which to get. Any way I can tell?

waterhouse

Re: Honda foutrax how do I know what model?
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2011, 10:21:43 pm »
I don't know the machine but get the serial number - there's got to be one somewhere - and phone a honda dealer.

robert waddell

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2011, 10:26:25 pm »
what is wrong with the sterring

Helencus

• Joined Feb 2010
  • NW Leicestershire
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2011, 10:27:56 pm »
Dad reckons the bushes are gone. Doesn't steer straight. Defo serial number will a Honda car dealer know?

robert waddell

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2011, 10:30:39 pm »
no has to be a bike dealer i can hear you gasping at the cost

bazzais

• Joined Jan 2010
    • Allt Y Coed Farm and Campsite
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2011, 06:51:28 pm »
Def goto to an old skool enthusiast - a car dealer prob wont have a clue.

We have a guy/place called 'Lammos motorcycles' here - he has his family working for him now and they have all grown up looking after bikes and atv's - its bloody ace just to take a problem to them as they seem to have the knowledge of every conceivable mode of transport going - I dont know how they know what make/model it is but they always seem to order the right part for me.

Steering on a quad is not that hard or expensive to fix - maybe its best to drive it within its ability?  I have a few vehicles that dont turn with half a turn of the steering wheel as various bushes, cotter or bearing are worn.  Just drive the vehicle till it falls apart ;) (only make sure your not going fast when it does go!!!)

Helencus

• Joined Feb 2010
  • NW Leicestershire
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2011, 07:23:49 pm »
Cheers Bazzais we found out it's a trx 300 so orderedthe Haynes manual. Dad is going to look at it this weekend and see what needs doing.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS