Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Farm Inspection  (Read 6596 times)

kaz

• Joined Jul 2008
  • Ceredigion
  • Dust yourself off when life throws you down.
Farm Inspection
« on: November 19, 2008, 03:36:01 pm »
Guess what I've got the dreaded farm inspection this week.

I suppose they will want to rumage through all my paperwork to see what they can find that is wrong and what is wrong or what we might potentially be doing wrong out side. Please allow 1-2hours for visit not withstanding that we might have other things to do like work. I know some people are not too good to their livestock but  do we have to dread the visit, incase we are made to feel like criminals. :'( :'(

Kaz
Penybont Ryelands. Ystwyth Coloured Ryelands.  2 alpacas, 2 angora goats, 2 anglo nubian kids, 3golden retrievers a collie and a red fox labrador retriever, geese, ducks & chickens.

danndans

• Joined Jan 2008
  • aberystwyth
Re: Farm Inspection
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2008, 12:37:58 pm »
Have you had one before Kaz?
Make your words soft and sweet, as one day you may have to eat them.

kaz

• Joined Jul 2008
  • Ceredigion
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2008, 12:57:21 pm »
No, but just sounding off about the fact that I've got to tidy up and get all my paperwork up to date. Hubby always seems to be at work when work needs to be done. The trouble with me is that I'm a bit of a perfectionist and if they find anything wrong that will upset me. :'(

I know that it is a good time to ask for advise etc. but oh what a waste of my precious time I can tell you I ache a bit,  it doesn't help where it has been so wet and the fields are so muddy.

I haven't forgot about the Dexters. Did you have any luck with the scanning?

What a way to spend my 37th Wedding Anniversary. He'd better have bought me a box of Chocs or he's mince meat. :) :)

Kaz
« Last Edit: November 20, 2008, 01:02:24 pm by kaz »
Penybont Ryelands. Ystwyth Coloured Ryelands.  2 alpacas, 2 angora goats, 2 anglo nubian kids, 3golden retrievers a collie and a red fox labrador retriever, geese, ducks & chickens.

danndans

• Joined Jan 2008
  • aberystwyth
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2008, 05:38:45 pm »
Had here inspected about a month ago, he wanted to go round the fields but i'd done all the ligaments in  in my knee :o  told him he'd have to piggyback me round ;D he decided it would be easier to come back another day :D i've been down to the scanners a couple of times but no ones about ::) but i will keep trying :)
I'm on 3 year caution here because of putting in 1 licence 1 day too soon :P
The inspecter that came here was fine, hes son is in a band that played at the festival we had last year ;D

And i think itshould be chocolates and champagne!!!! ;D

kaz

• Joined Jul 2008
  • Ceredigion
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2008, 06:08:09 pm »
That should be interesting. My fields are as muddy as hell as they are all going uphill so every gateway is a nightmare to walk through and to cap it all,the local forestry manager came to see me to tell me they are testing Subaru's through the forestry land tomorrow and to keep an eye on stock near that area as they are very noisy (testing for GB rally)  and they will be doing a lot of stopping and starting. Lucky the big boys are up that area,they don't get phased out so much, hopefully.
One local chap was in trouble for moving a feeder, I've heard some tales. I can tell you, as I said it can make you feel like a criminal, just the thought of what might be wrong.
Lets hope it goes o.k.

If it was Chocolates and Champagne, he would eat and drink most of it. ;D

danndans

• Joined Jan 2008
  • aberystwyth
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2008, 08:12:38 pm »
The worst they can say is youve done that bit wrong, or wheres that bit ;)
i hate them coming and always get wound up, but once they get here and start asking the questions and checking the ino its all fine ;D
Buy him some too :) that way if he eats and drinks everything hes bought you, atleast you can sit there and eat and drink the ones you bought him ;D

kaz

• Joined Jul 2008
  • Ceredigion
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2008, 08:27:32 pm »
Thought they might have forgotton me.

danndans

• Joined Jan 2008
  • aberystwyth
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2008, 09:19:23 pm »
 ;D ;D wishful thinking.

You can cancel and sort out another day, they dont mind, i put them off for a couple of months once, purely because we had campers, lambs popping out, and cows caving, and i couldnt be bothered to see them ;)

kaz

• Joined Jul 2008
  • Ceredigion
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2008, 11:11:44 am »
Well the dreaded day arrived. Inspector all smiles :) :) Looked at all my paperwork, praised me for my exceptionally well organised papers thats all o.k.

Wanted to walk around to check everything. Got no further than the first field all animals there healthy and well fed with plenty for them to eat could see all ewes in adjacent field o.k. as well, praised me for a clean and healthy environment for my animals and off he went. I nearly fell through the floor, normally they try to find at least one thing wrong.

See you in two years, I'd rather not I thought. :D :D

Ramblings of a relieved perfectionist. ::)

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2008, 03:29:01 pm »
Well done, Kaz. ;D Sometimes it pays to have to put up with the slings and arrows of non-perfectionists like the rest of us  ;)
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

kaz

• Joined Jul 2008
  • Ceredigion
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2008, 03:35:47 pm »
I'll have to give all them well fed sheep back to the farmer and bring my raggerty lot back!!!!

I didn't realise they came so often now. I haven't had one in 10 years so not bad going, might have something to do with keeping out of the way. :-X :-X ;D

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS