Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: spring is in the air  (Read 2435 times)

robert waddell

spring is in the air
« on: January 19, 2011, 06:42:11 pm »
spring must be in the air       we had our first sales rep cold calling today
next it will be the yannies on the lookout for scrap?????????

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
Re: spring is in the air
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2011, 08:10:49 pm »
I just love all your funny things at the end of your posts lol  What's a Yanny?
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

faith0504

• Joined Aug 2010
  • Cairngorms
  • take it easy and chill
    • blaemuir cottage
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2011, 08:15:10 pm »
if im right he means the scrap lads, we had some do a drive past our place this afternoon, slowed right down and had a good nosey

robert waddell

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2011, 08:34:03 pm »
YANNIES    =TRAVELING PEOPLE    as distinct from Gypsie  the true gypsies are few and far betwean nowadays
it is these scrap lads that give the minority the bad name   and no i am not a Romany gypsie but knew a family of them a more kind caring and honest family anybody would be proud to know
« Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 08:39:06 pm by lillian waddell »

sheila

• Joined Apr 2008
  • Mablethorpe Lincolnshire
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2011, 09:12:37 am »
I am reading a book at the moment, tracing the life of romany gypsies, "Bury me standing" by Isabel Fonseca. very interesting and disturbing.

Sandy

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2011, 12:14:10 pm »
I must say, I relay enjoyed working with the travellers I came to know, I used to have a laugh and often was told I look like " Aunt Pammy!!", very similar traditions comparable to Hindu religion, I have said before, I knew a policeman who was a Romany gypsy, then went into the police force at the age of 18, went up and up. was a complete hippy with his long hair and long nails and played the guitar to cell  users  ;), now hes retired and teaches tie chi and grows Bonsai trees and speaks Madelin!! WHops my spelling, never mind,  you get my drift!!!!!!

faith0504

• Joined Aug 2010
  • Cairngorms
  • take it easy and chill
    • blaemuir cottage
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2011, 01:16:49 pm »
they have some of the best horse knowledge, i have learnt alot from the propa horse gypsies, i.e treatments, remedies, and old school thinking. fascinating people

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS