Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: to day 1 off the top breeders PACKING UP ROB BOYD  (Read 4308 times)

bamford6

to day 1 off the top breeders PACKING UP ROB BOYD
« on: January 18, 2011, 12:13:58 pm »
MY COMPLETE LOT OF BLACK ORP BANTAMS DUE TO PACKING UP ROB BOYD                                                  PACKING UP

THIS IS AN AUCTION FOR MY COMPLETE LOT OF BLACK ORPINGTON BANTAMS. ALL MY BEST BIRDS. DUE TO OTHER COMMITMENTS AFTER 17 YEARS BREEDING AND SHOWING ORPINGTONS IM TAKING SOME TIME OUT FROM THE HOBBY FOR A FEW YEARS. ITS A SAD TIME FOR ME AS ALL THE BIRDS ARE THE BEST OF THE BEST . HERE IS WHAT THIS AUCTION IS FOR;

1 BLACK ORPINGTON BANTAM COCK 2 YEARS OLD AND MY MAIN BREEDING MALE LAST YEAR.(HE WAS 2ND IN A VERY STRONG CLASS AS A CKL AT FEDARTION IN 2009 AND THEN RECENTLY WAS 1ST IN THE COCK CLASS AT FEDERATION AND 1ST IN THE TRIO WITH 2 HENS THAT ARE ALSO FOR SALE AT THE NATIONAL IN DECEMBER 2010) 1ST PIC SHOWS HIM. ONE OF THE BEST MALES IVE EVER BRED.

3 BLACK ORP BANTAM HENS 2 YEAR OLD. (2 OF THE HENS WERE 1ST AT BOTH NATIONAL AND FEDERATION IN DECEMBER 2010 IN THE TRIO CLASS AND WERE MY MAIN BREEDING HENS LAST YEAR THEY ARE THE MOTHERS TO MY CHAMPION ORPINGTON CKL FROM NATIONAL 2010 WHO IS ON A SEPERATE LISTING.SEE 2ND PIC SHOWING ONW OF THE HENS.

1 BLACK PULLET ( MY BEST PULLET FROM 20 I BRED LAST YEAR)

1 BLACK CKL ( SON OF THE BANTAM COCK LISTED AT TOP )

1 BLACK CKL CARRYING CHOC PURE BROTHER TO CHAMPION ORPINGTON CKL FROM NATIONAL 2010 SON OF MY BEST 2 BLACK HENS.

ALL THESE BIRDS ARE THE BEST OF THE BEST OF WHAT I KEEP AND I ONLY HAVE 24 BIRDS TOTAL BETWEEN MY BLACKS , BLUES AND CHOCOLATES AND IM LISTING THE COLOURS SEPERATELY ON HERE BUT PRIVATE OFFERS THROUGH BID 4 POULTRY FOR THE WHOLE LOT OF 24 BIRDS OF ALL MY COLOURS IS FINE BUT MUST BE THROUGH BID 4 POULTRY SO THEN THE CORRECT COMMISION CAN BE PAID TO BID 4 POULTRY IF I ACCEPT AN OFFER FOR THE LOT.

THIS IS A ONCE IN A LIFETIME OPPORTUNITY FOR SOMEONE TO GET ALL MY BEST BIRDS AS THESE ARE ALL MY BIRDS AND THE BEST ONES. NOT MANY BREEDERS PACK UP AND WHEN THEY DO THE BIRDS ARE RARELY SEEN AGAIN.

AT A LATER DATE SHEDS, CKL PENS, FEEDERS DRINKERS ETC MAY BE AVAILABLE ON HERE.

SEE MY OTHER AUCTION FOR OTHER COLOURS AND MY MASSALES INCUBATOR FOR SALE.

http://www.bid4poultry.co.uk/auction.asp?id=9843&name=MY-COMPLETE-LOT-OF-BLACK-ORP-BANTAMS-DUE-TO-PACKING-UP-ROB-BOYD

bamford6

Re: to day 1 off the top breeders PACKING UP ROB BOYD
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2011, 12:21:29 pm »
this is a bad loss this man as won some off the best shows in the uk standerd off birds is fantastic .iff you look at some off these birds you will see haw good they are with out this man the standard off birds wont be as good it shows the times .look at the chocklate orpingtons that are for sale rubbish .the standard will drop as this man kept poultrey keepers on there  toes att local shows....................a big loss to uk poultrey 

Daveravey

• Joined Jul 2009
  • Fife
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2011, 01:13:23 pm »
The writing is on the wall if a breeder of this stature is packing up

Castle Farm

• Joined Nov 2008
  • Hereford/Powys Border. near Hay-on-Wye
    • castlefarmeggs
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2011, 09:28:54 am »
Those birds carry the genetic make-up of top quality exhibition stock no doubt. Lets hope that whoever buys them has the knowlage to be able to breed as good as the birds they bought.
Traditional Utility Breed Hatching Eggs sent next day delivery. Pure bred Llyen Sheep.
www.castlefarmeggs.co.uk  http://www.facebook.com/pages/Utility-Poultry-Keepers/231571570247281

cluckingnuts

• Joined Oct 2010
  • llyn peninsula
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2011, 09:41:27 am »
What's the likely hood that they will be mated to inferior stock just to increase numbers quickly then sold on as Rob Boyd bloodline?

bamford6

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2011, 10:35:08 am »
i think that  increase numbers quickly then sold on .iff a person like castle farms were to have them then yes but people go att a quick fix .take the chocklate orpington that was mass bred and naw lots off birds att ten pounds the craze naw is chocklate peakin .i have looked att lots off breeders inc castle farms it takes a very special person to breed like you the right way . iv been all over the  uk and there is not meney that do it like them .i have rare breed sheep this yere i spent all the  profit from  my young lambs and bought embryo for the first time .take the islands mull Shetland some off the best stock is bred in the islands in 2010 sterling Scottish national all the big names entered it was rob Boyd nick o Rourke then a unknown person entered sue ligate 1st and 3rd from mull where did that come from .i dont show my birds i have 20 pens which is as good as you get i like nice stock . i have very good silkies orpingtons peakins etc  but with the cost i think we will loose a lot off breeders due to cost .i have 55 pens and 10 at home i will cut back to half as the feed bill is over 150 a week naw and no money through the winter.the money on eggs is a nother i carnt think off a way to make ends meet i rent the farm and we made nothink in 2010 and lost a lot off feed in december 2010 the quail i carnt give them away still feeding them
« Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 10:43:05 am by bamford6 »

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS