Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: hello from America  (Read 4064 times)

Daisys Mum

• Joined May 2009
  • Scottish Borders
Re: hello from America
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2011, 07:13:18 pm »

hello and welcome from the Scottish Borders  :wave:
Anne

yankieGirl

• Joined Jan 2011
  • Pennsylvania, USA
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2011, 08:06:55 pm »
You folks have made me feel quite welcome!

Hey,  has this been a cold winter for you guys?  It has for us.  High of 25 degrees F out today and it is supposed to get cold later this week (as if this isn't cold).   We heat our house with a wood burning stove.  We own 40 acres of woodland about 20 miles from here.  My husband cuts it all with the chainsaw and brings it home to rank in the barn.

What do you heat with and are the fuel prices going up there too?

btw lillian waddell

gas fields that produce the combustible water supplies  Those are mostly in western PA and northern PA.   

morri2

• Joined Jun 2008
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2011, 12:44:33 pm »
Hello Yank!  Welcome from north Wales.  Fuel prices rising here too, especially oil.  We use a woodburner to heat our water and radiators like you - wouldn't be without it.  :wave:

Sandy

« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2011, 09:52:03 pm »
Hello again!!!!!! we try to live as cheap a life as posible but not always able to, mind you we have NO holidays except an odd trip for me to see family, nothing elaberate such as parties, eating out, hairdressers, flash car, jewels etc etc but we may well buy a gas guzzeling car soon to compensate, do very few miles anyway so we will see it as a bit of a treat like others have!!! Petrol and fuel going up it will certainly be a treat!!

faith0504

• Joined Aug 2010
  • Cairngorms
  • take it easy and chill
    • blaemuir cottage
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2011, 11:33:51 am »
hi and welcome from sunny moray  :wave:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS