Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Missing sheep  (Read 11792 times)

bazzais

• Joined Jan 2010
    • Allt Y Coed Farm and Campsite
Re: Missing sheep
« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2011, 11:58:08 pm »
Thats terrible news kaz, especially when we think we can rely on the police to look into something seriously - and they obviously didnt. Why do all pay for a police force, dont we?

On the side note, its really hard as a small business to cover the cost of rubbish disposal - I am in no way endorsing dumping, but the cost for disposing stuff as a business is massive.  I think about all those plastic bottles I recycle in my rubbish every week - then I think of the huge pile of farm wraps and feed bags I have - surly it would be more economically viable to pick up as much plastic on one run ie collect all my plastics at once.

Even garden waste has to be licensed to carry as a small business - its biodegradable for goods sake and can be used to produce energy!!

I think there needs to be more separate levies on waste disposal and transportation -  certain things cant be disposed of without massive costs - and other things should be disposed of and recycled as a service from the system we pay for as tax payers.

I also live in a pretty relaxed area thats looked after by neighbours, we also live in a dead end road with no main roads for miles - I obviously wouldnt want to advertise on a public forum for gangsters and burglars but lets say nothing is really tied to the floor like when I used to live in the city  - for a start any burglar would need to be towed out the yard at this wet time of year.

When the tourists come in the summer we have to tighten down - locals dont tend to rob each other  :)

Hope you can find some solctice in that we are all wishing you the best in finding who has taken your livestock kaz.

Baz
« Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 11:59:41 pm by bazzais »

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS