Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Time wasters  (Read 7672 times)

charlie

• Joined Feb 2010
Time wasters
« on: January 11, 2011, 01:12:50 pm »
Why do people waste your time on this forum.Saying there intrested in this and that then don't get back in touch >:(

OhLaLa

• Joined Sep 2010
Re: Time wasters
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2011, 01:30:38 pm »
How long is a piece of string. Could be any number of reasons.

Also, sometimes a seller does not respond to an enquiry, in which case it would help if the seller would remove the post for the item once it is sold, or reply to their own post saying 'sold' to stop interested parties from wasting their time.

::)

Hermit

• Joined Feb 2010
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2011, 03:22:54 pm »
I sold some ducks on a local forum, and what a load of stupid questions they ask. One bloke wanted the lot but I knew he was banned from keeping animals and the only way he could buy was being anonymous. Fortunately I knew who he was !!!!

Kev

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2011, 05:32:01 pm »
I think a lot of folks post for the sake of it - and this forum isn't immune to that either unfortunately >:(

NLL

• Joined Apr 2010
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2011, 05:48:20 pm »
try selling a horse if you want to encounter timewasters.its just life really,but annoying

CameronS

• Joined Aug 2009
  • North East Fife
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2011, 06:00:37 pm »
When you are arranging things on-line you allways run the risk of technical probems, so instantly deeming them timewasters is a tad harsh.

sorry

Brucklay

• Joined Apr 2010
  • Perthshire
    • Brucklay Pygmy Goats
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2011, 06:37:18 pm »
I guess 'they' are about but I found most of the people who have replied to any of my adds pretty great - sold some lovely wee duck and my excess hay so can't complain really
Pygmy Goats, Shetland Sheep, Zip & Indie the Border Collies, BeeBee the cat and a wreak of a building to renovate!!

HappyHippy

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2011, 06:51:08 pm »
When selling anything you run the risk of timewasters. I've lost count of the number of time I've spent ages with folks, given them all the info and been as helpful as can be, only to never hear from them again (not so much with TAS and animals mind you) It's definately just part of it - unless you've agreed a sale and got a deposit there's not much you can do unfortunately.
But as others have said, there could be loads of reasons for someone not getting back in touch.

faith0504

• Joined Aug 2010
  • Cairngorms
  • take it easy and chill
    • blaemuir cottage
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2011, 08:04:44 pm »
have you sent them a pm to see if they are still interested, or if there has been a problem  :wave:

Helencus

• Joined Feb 2010
  • NW Leicestershire
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2011, 09:54:07 pm »
Maybe circumstances changed and they're embarrassed about wasting your time. Folks usually mean well in my experience something will have happened.

littlemisspiggy!

• Joined Sep 2010
  • NOTTINGHAMSHIRE
    • just left of the 20th century
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2011, 04:42:50 am »
ive been left stood in the rain at the field on numerous occasions waiting for someone NOT to turn up when they have arranged to look at a pony etc......but i dont tar everyone with the timewaster brush,as said before sometimes when the price isnt advertised it can be embarassing after asking alot of info to then realise that factors in life mean you can no longer afford it. :-[
'can't rain all the time!'

Ayeskint

• Joined Feb 2008
  • Fife, Central Scotland
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2011, 07:24:22 pm »
Hands up - it's me - charlie did you get my PM I sent the other day?  I needed to confirm my grazing and work on my husband................. so yes still interested if you haven't given up on me  ::)

charlie

• Joined Feb 2010
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2011, 07:50:13 pm »
 :D :D :D Don't worry carol its not just you.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2011, 07:55:24 pm »
Note the 'just' in that sentence  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D  Sorry, Carol - hey when you coming to see me btw ;)
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Ayeskint

• Joined Feb 2008
  • Fife, Central Scotland
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2011, 08:04:29 pm »
Too tied to my iphone and not on puter very much I'm afraid - I fell in love with the Herdwicks on holiday in the Lake District.  If I could have taken some home with me I would have - husband was looking at the views ..........I was looking at the sheep lol

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS